FOURTY-SIX

[Recommended: Jungle by Emma Louise]

"Told you I'd find you."

You pick yourself up from the ground keeping your aim steady and still at his face. "How the hell did you find me?"

He pulls out his phone showing it to you. "I placed a tracker on your phone back in the Caribbean. You never noticed so I kept it like that."

I really fell for that?!

You pull out your phone and begin to examine it. "I don't see..." You pull out the micro device implanted in the phone's speaker. He shrugs his shoulders as you squish it between your fingertips. "Just because you found me does not mean you're getting your way again. I'm not letting you turn me in."

He raises a brow. "Who says I'm here for that?"

So he wants to continue his fucking act?

You flare the gun around. "Quit the games Eren! Your intentions from the start were to turn me in, I get that! But quit trying to act like you fucking care about me!"

He frowns, taking a step further. "I do care about you-"

You step back. "No, no you don't. You made that clear when you lied to me on the cliff. You made that clear when you took me back here."

All of it was hoax.

Some sick game to him where he played with my emotions.

He's a fucking fraud.

Just like his brother.

"I did that to protect you. If they saw us working together it would only complicate things to a level I don't want to see."

Now you've complicated it to a level I didn't want to see

You snarl. "I would've been dead. None of it would've matter anyways if you just let me kill myself."

His face turns, returning a nasty glare. "You killing yourself would just make your life meaningless. Everything you worked for just for you to meet your victims early in hell."

Whether it's Heaven or hell ...

I just want to leave this place

"Everything I did is getting me a lifetime in jail. I know what I've done is not humane, but fuck humanity if they think what those guys did was any better." You scoff. "I did this city a favor."

And I'd do it again in a heartbeat

"I understand that. I understand your view on this situation but all I ask is for you to understand mine." He takes another step. "I need you to understand why I did what I did back on the island."

You begin to contemplate whether you should hear him out or not. At this point you feel as if more bull will spill out of his mouth.

You cock the gun. "Talk, I'm giving you a minute."

I just have to hear it

"When I saw Zeke telling you about the safe in the boards office." He pauses, he looks up at the blue sky with its shades of gray. "I believed him..."

You scoff while rolling your eyes. "Of course you would. You're a liar just like him. It must run in the damn family."

"Just listen y/n.... On our way back here I called Hange. I told them about what he had said and they said it could be possible. There's a chance of an antidote being kept in the there!"