THIRTY-SIX

Yelena reaches for her gun but you waste no time in shooting her in the hand. She yells out in pain as her gun skids across the floor. Zeke runs towards the weapon but you shoot it with your right gun and shoot his shoulder with your left.

Now it's his turn to yell as he clutches his arm. You walk closer as they both try to attend their wounds. You grab Yelena's gun and empty out the magazine, letting the bullets clash on the concrete.

"You tried to run from me Zeke? Don't you think you've ran enough?" You inch closer to him.

He picks himself up and gets ready to dash off. You shoot his right leg causing him to collapse on the ground. Your arm bucks back when you shoot. A rush of pain shoots through your arm but you ignore it and keep your eyes locked on Zeke.

"You challenged me at my own game of running away." You squat to his eye level and pick his chin up with the tip of your gun. "Now you've lost."

"We can talk this over y/n." He pleads. His breath his heavy as he gasp for air.

You laugh hysterically and stand. As you stand you feel dizzy again. You stumble down but quickly pull yourself up.

Shit

His eyes light up. "You're dying. I can help-"

You flare your arms around. "There's nothing to talk about!" You aim at him. "And I'm dying because of you!"

Its all because of you!

"I can help you!" He shouts. "There's a safe.. hidden in headquarters." He pauses trying to catch his breath. "It's somewhere in... the boards office! I left it there-"

You cock your gun. "What's in the safe?"

"Serums." He blurts. "Antidotes, serums, medication, everything!" He raises his hands in defenses "Keep me alive and I can help you get to it." His eyes drift to the side then return back to you.

He's lying.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

He's not.

He never is.

"I swear on it!" He pleads. Both of his hands are up.

You scoff. "This isn't child's play. I don't believe you even if you swear on it."

His hands shake and he flinches. "I kept records! They're locked up in the police station not too far from headquarters." His eyes drift, again.

What the hell is he looking at?

"What station?"

He panics and his eyes roam around searching for the answer. "The one with the retired lieutenant. Uhh.. her name was... uhh Anc- no Ack-"

"Ackerman." You say to yourself.

"Yes her!" He beams. "They must have the proof of the serums." As he speaks his eyes continuously drift off to the side. You furrow your eyebrows and glance over to his line of sight.

FUCK

How could I have let my guard down!?

"YELENA." You scream running towards the accelerating jet. The wheels speed up down the concrete field as the jet drive along the yellow line.

You shoot for the jet and fire bullets recklessly. The wheel start retracting as the jet begins hovering over the road. You aim for the windows but fail miserably as the jet takes off into the sky. You slow down as you watch the plane fly away with Yelena safely inside.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Fuuuck!!!

You let out a frustrated scream and pull at your hair. You spin your head back when you hear Eren shouting your name.

"Y/n, he's getting away!" Eren begins to run towards you but pauses when he sees Zeke limping further away.

He freezes, stuck between you and Zeke. His head slashes back and forth with a panicked expression.

"Go Eren! Gooo!" You try to go after him but step over your own feet.

Shiiit

I can't see straight.

Blotches of color and blurry images is all you can make out from the scene in front of you. Your head feels dizzy. Your skin is burning. Your legs are throbbing. All you can do is stand still.

I'm going to pass out

"Catch Angel! Catch!" Eren screams as he throws something in the air.

You aren't quite sure what it is but you spot it flying in the air above you. You lean forward to try and catch it. When you do so, you collapse on the ground. The object clashes on the floor in front you. You groan and lift your head.

The stimulant!

The syringe lays a few inches in front of you. You gather every ounce of your strength and crawl towards the syringe. A breath of relief releases from your lips when you grab onto the stimulant.

As quick as you can, you inject the liquids inside your arm. You throw your head back onto the floor and breathe heavily as the liquids flow throughout your system.

After a couple of minutes on the ground your skin is no longer burning. Your legs are still throbbing but not as much as they were before. You lift your head and look around you.

Your vision is clear. Everything in sight is viable and in a solid shape.

But Eren is gone.

And so is Zeke.

•••

You managed to steal a car and follow Zekes tracker. They weren't too far. There is a parking garage five minutes away from the airport. That's where the tracker showed them to be. Or at least, that's where Zeke is.

You drive up the garage and slow down when you start approaching Zeke's tracker. Your eyes scan the area and freeze when they see Eren. You stop the car and dash outside the door.

"Eren!" As your running he remains still. Staring at the floor beneath his feet.

You slow your steps when you spot Zeke unconscious on the floor in his own puddle of blood. A hole is displayed right between his eyes. The color in his pupils are no longer visible as he lays limp on the floor.

"Eren?" You say slowly.

He gradually turns. When he faces, you a single tear falls from his left eye.

"Honestly... didn't think I'd do it." He says almost in a whisper.

You pull him into you and embrace him in a hug. He throws his head into the crook of your neck as you lay yours on his chest. You listen to his rapid heartbeat as you hug him tighter.

"Forgive me Angel."

You deserved it just as much as I did.

Maybe even more

"It's okay."

No other words are spoken between the two of you. You both stand there in each others arms. With the comfort of your lover.

__________________________________
A/N

Sorry about the short chapters