・6・

It had been four days since Shane and Cali kissed

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It had been four days since Shane and Cali kissed. They were both avoiding each other. Cali would wake up early to leave the house before he came to get her dad. Shane had stopped coming over for dinner after work and came up with an excuse when Lori asked him to pick Cali up from school the one day.

Rick had been oblivious to his best friend and daughter's recent behavior but one person had noticed.

Lori didn't understand why her daughter was suddenly acting so odd. It wasn't like Cali to get up early. It also wasn't like Shane to turn down a free meal. Lori noticed how her daughter would blush every time Shane was brought up in a conversation. She had her suspicions but she had not yet voiced them to her husband. Shane's behavior had only made these suspicions stronger.

Lori had a plan. She was going to invite Shane over for dinner and tell him that Cali was going out but in reality she was going to set them both up. She wanted to see how they would act around each other and see if her gut feeling was right.

So here she was cooking a lovely steak dinner while Shane sat at the table with her husband and son talking about nonsense. She knew it was only a matter of time before her daughter would get home.

Shane stiffened when he heard the front door slam shut. He looked over at Lori to see her giving him an innocent look like she totally didn't just set him up.

Cali stomped into the kitchen with an annoyed look on her face totally not noticing Shane. She grumpily pulled out her chair and plopped down at the table.

"I don't understand why it was so important for me to leave Jade's house just to come home for your shitty cooking." Cali directed towards her mother finally looking up and connecting eyes with Shane.

"Cali." Rick warned. Her and Shane's staring contest ended when her father spoke. "Your mother just wanted us to have a nice dinner to celebrate your birthday since you plan on spending tomorrow with Jade."

Cali sighed rolling her eyes. "Fine I'll behave."

Dinner was awkward to say the least. Cali and Shane both acted like the other didn't exist. Cali mostly spent the meal speaking to her brother and father.

Once it was finally over Cali rushed to her room to escape the awkward tension between her and Shane. Shane felt like he should speak to Cali about what happened. He didn't want her to think he was rejecting her because her certainly wasn't. He just knew nothing more could happen between them until she was 18 and he figured out how to tell Rick.

Shane softly knocked on Cali's door. The young girl told him to enter totally not expecting it to be him. She had assumed that he left right after dinner.

"Cal we need to talk." He said closing her door and coming over to her bed.

Cali sighed and stared at her hands. "If you came to reject me please just get it over with."

"I didn't come to reject you. I've wanted to talk to you the last couple of days but I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself."

"Why would you need to control yourself?" She asked confused.

Shane sat down next to her and gently moved a piece of hair behind her ear. "You have no idea how bad I want to slam you against a wall and devour your lips every time I see you. But I can't do that. What we did the other night shouldn't have happened. At least not yet."

"Because I'm a minor?" Cali questioned.

Shane nodded. "That and your dad would kill me if he found out."

"So what you're saying is that you like me but we can't be together until I turn 18?"

"Yes for the most part. I don't know if i would be able to go against your father but fuck Cal you have no idea how bad I want you."

"I want you too. I've had a crush on you for awhile now. I just never thought you'd feel the same." Cali said grabbing one of Shane's big hands to hold. He softly brushed his thumb against her knuckles.

They both smiled at one another. It felt good to come clean about their feelings. They just wished things could be easier.

"We'll have to take things slow and no one can know at least not until I talk to your dad." Shane said caressing Cali's cheek.

The brunette nodded leaning in to lightly peck Shane's plump lips.

Shane blushed slightly before standing. "I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow for your birthday okay?"

Cali had a dreamy look on her face as she watched the man of her dreams leave the room. She got ready for bed with a giant smile on her face not knowing about the conversation going on just below her.

"What are you trying to say Lor?" Rick questioned his wife.

"I'm saying there's something going on between Shane and our daughter."

Lori stood with her hands on her hips watching her husband's expression change to one of confusion.

"What do you mean by something?"

"You know exactly what I mean Rick. Haven't you noticed how weird they've been acting recently?"

"No?" Rick said but it sounded more like a question.

"Of course you haven't because all you care about is work. You don't see how she acts when you're not around. She's totally out of control."

"She's not Lori. She's just being a rebellious teenager like everyone else her age. All you ever do is yell at her. Don't you ever wonder if that's why she has so much resentment towards you."

"Well if I don't yell at her then who the hell will? You just let her do whatever she pleases. Something has to change around here. I'm sick of always being the bad guy." Lori yelled before storming out of the room ultimately ending the conversation.

Rick knew better than to go after her. He decided to just sleep on the couch and let Lori cool off. He'd talk to her in the morning.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter six
when im updating this it's christmas eve
i hope everyone has a happy holiday
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|