・52・

"Why are we stopping?" Lori questioned breaking the teen out of her thoughts

"Why are we stopping?" Lori questioned breaking the teen out of her thoughts. Cali was stuck in her head thinking about where the group could possibly go next. She hadn't even realized that the cars had stopped moving until her mother spoke up.

"Stay here." Rick sighed exiting the vehicle and heading towards the Rv at the front of the line.

None of the people in the car listened to the man of course. As soon as Rick was a small distance away they were all out of the car following him, wanting to know what was going on.

"I said it. Didn't I say it?" Dale mumbled to himself as he opened up the front of the Rv to see where the smoke was coming from. "A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Rick asked releasing a sigh once he saw the whole group had exited their vehicles behind him.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of..."

"Okay." The Grimes man cut him off looking around at all of the abandoned cars on the highway. This certainly wasn't the ideal place to be stuck. "If you can't find a radiator hose here..."

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl spoke up breaking into one of the cars nearby.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-Dog announced.

"Maybe some water. Or food." Glenn nodded agreeing with Daryl.

"This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this." Lori shook her head holding Carl close to her.

"It's not like anyone else is using this stuff." Cali shrugged moving to look into a car like the rest of the group.

"Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can." Shane stated making his way over to Cali as the group dispersed.

The Walsh man waited until he was sure everyone was out of sight before properly approaching the teen, who was currently digging through a suitcase she had found in the trunk of a car.

"You okay?" He whispered quietly, brushing his hand down her back.

Cali sighed turning to look at the man. "What are we going to do now Shane?"

"I don't know Cal..." He shook his head releasing a breathe and pulling her into a hug. "All I know is that im not going to let anything happen to you okay?"

Cali nodded leaning up and placing a quick kiss on his lips before turning back to what she was previously doing.

"I'm going to look for some food and water. Please stay where I can see you." Shane pleaded sending her a small smile as he headed towards Glenn.

A few moments passed before Cali heard Shane shouting to Glenn.

"Were we short on water?" The man laughed loudly looking at the multiple jugs in the back of the trailer he'd found.

"Holy shit!" Glenn exclaimed rushing over to Shane as he opened one the jugs and began to eagerly drink from it. "Save me some!"

"It's like being baptized, man." Cali giggled as she watched the two men stand under the stream soaking their clothes. She had to advert her eyes from the sight of Shane's brown t-shirt sticking to his perfectly defined muscles.

The blush that coated her cheeks was quickly wiped away when she was grabbed from behind. The teen panicked quickly turning thinking it was a walker only to come face to face with her father. She didn't know when he'd made his way over to her but she didn't have time to question him before he was shoving her down to the ground.

"Lori, under the cars." He whisper shouted to his wife who was a few feet away with Carol.

"Dad?" Cali questioned, her wide eyes taking in his pale fear stricken face.

"Stay under here please Cal!" Rick pleaded knowing she had trouble following rules. "Do not come out no matter what you hear me?"

Cali nodded shuffling across the ground until she was in the center of the car she'd been searching. With one last look at his baby girl, Rick was off heading straight for Carl and Sophia.

"Carl, Sophia, get down now." He said sternly grabbing them. The two kids were confused but quickly ducked down under separate cars. With the kids all being hidden Rick dove under his own vehicle as he heard the walkers getting closer. All he could do in that moment was pray that everyone was going to be okay. There was nothing else they could do. They just had to wait it out.

Unfortunately, it seemed that luck wasn't on the groups side.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter fifty two
sorry for being gone so long
ive been busy with school
but i do want to finish this story and my others
this story is almost over
everyone is probably going to hate me for the ending but ive had it planned since the beginning
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|