・23・

this gif makes me cackle lol

Cali had calmed down from her previous activities with Shane. She no longer blushed every time she looked at him and her limp had thankfully gone away. The girl took some time to recollect herself in the twos shared tent before joining the rest of the group around camp.

At the moment the teen was busy chatting with Amy about random things while she watched Shane from a distance play with her little brother.

The blonde girl wasn't as bad as her sister. Cali actually found it quite hard to believe they were related. She couldn't believe that Amy and Andrea could share blood. Amy was one of the sweetest people she'd ever met and Andrea? Well everyone knows how she feels about her.

As much as Cali did not want to get close to anyone again, Amy had a way of worming her way into your heart. She was just too sweet to be rude too. Plus she was the only other person besides Glenn that was close in age to Cali. The three of them often found themselves grouping together to talk about things they liked and missed.

"Do you think they're okay?" Amy questioned her friend completely changing the subject that was previously about how many people they'd hooked up with.

"I'm sure they're fine Amy." Cali smiled reassuringly before trying to turn their conversation back to their prior gossip session. "So tell me more about this Ben guy. Did he really try to finger you in the school cafeteria?"

"Woah!" Dale gasped with wide eyes . "I chose the wrong time to exit the RV."

"Cali!" Amy exclaimed blushing in embarrassment. She had never told anyone about what her ex tried to do not even Andrea. She was way too embarrassed by the whole thing that she never wanted anyone to know and now the guy she thinks of as a grandfather knew.

Amy was mortified.

"What?" The Grimes girl played dumb before smirking at both Amy and Dale. "Dale was young once too. I'm sure he's got plenty of stories."

"None that I'd share with you two." Dale replied shaking his head. "Keep the girl gossip to a minimum when I'm around will you? I don't want to hear about what you girls have been doing. You're like my granddaughters."

"Don't worry. It won't happen again." Amy mumbled elbowing Cali causing the girl to roll her eyes.

"What won't happen again?" Lori questioned joining the three at the RV.

"Oh nothing." Dale shrugged with a laugh. "Just told the girls I don't want to hear their teen gossip."

"Yeah we were just telling Dale about all of the rough sex we've had." Cali spoke up.

"Cali Marie Grimes!" Lori's jaw dropped at her daughter's crude language. "Don't you dare speak like that!"

"Relax mom. I was just joking."

"There's children around for christ's sake!"

"They're not close enough to hear me. Plus I doubt they'd even know what I was talking about." Cali huffed. She wished her mom could just be cool for once and not lecture her all of the time.

Lori was about to say something else but her daughter was saved from hearing anything more by the radio going off.

"Hello, base camp!" T-Dog's voice spoke quickly. "Can anybody out there hear me? Base camp, this is T-Dog."

The small group all glanced at each other in worry before Dale picks up the radio. "Hello? Hello? Reception's bad on this end. Repeat. Repeat."

"Shane, is that you?" T-Dog questions.

"Is that them?" Lori asks causing Cali to roll her eyes. Who else would it be?

"We're in some deep shit. We're trapped in the department store."

"Shit." Cali curses under her breath. She hoped Glenn was alright.

"Shane!" Lori shouted motioning for the man to come over.

"There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of 'em. We're surrounded!"

"He said they're trapped?" The Walsh man asked taking the radio from Dale. "T-Dog, repeat that last part. Repeat."

Shane tried to reach T-Dog but the radio had gone completely silent. He knew what this meant. Everyone would want to go to the groups rescue. He could just tell by the looks on Lori, Amy, and Cali's faces.

"He said the department store." Lori repeated what the man had said before Shane walked over.

"I heard it too." Dale and Amy nodded in agreement.

"Shane?" The woman looked at him pleadingly.

"No way." He said firmly shaking his head. "We do not go after them. We do not risk the rest of the group."

"So we're just gonna leave her there?" Amy cried standing up from the picnic table.

"Look, Amy, I know that this is not easy..."

"She volunteered to go to help the rest of us!" The girl exclaimed angrily.

"I know, and she knew the risks, right?" The man tried to reason with her but Cali knew it was no use. "See, if she's trapped, she's gone. So we just have to deal with that. There's nothing we can do."

"She's my sister, you son of a bitch!" Amy yelled before storming away from the group.

Lori glared at Shane before following Amy. The woman couldn't imagine how the girl must have been feeling.

Cali couldn't blame Amy for the way she was acting. She would probably be the same way if not worse if it was Carl trapped.

In all honesty Cali could care less about what happened to Andrea. She'd rather her be collateral if it meant the others got back safe. She knew that was terrible of her to think but she didn't like the woman.

And her hate for her would only grow as time went on.

Especially when she finds out that Andrea threatened to kill a certain someone.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter twenty three
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|