・12・

When Cali woke up the next morning her whole body ached

When Cali woke up the next morning her whole body ached. Sleeping in the car was not as comfortable as she hoped it would be. The first thing she noticed was that her mom, brother, and Shane were missing.

Exiting the car Cali recognized her mom standing in front of an RV with two blonde women. Cali went around to the back of Shane's jeep and pulled out her duffel bag filled with clothes. She picked out a pair of jean shorts, a pink tank top, and white converse. She stuffed her bra and underwear in between her towel not wanting everyone to see them. Her outfit wasn't really the most suitable outfit for the apocalypse but it's all she had.

Cali walked over to her mother gaining the attention of the two blonde women she had yet to meet. "Good morning sweetie. How'd you sleep?"

"Terrible. Where can I get changed?" Cali said gesturing to her clothes that were still covered in her best friends blood.

"You can go in the RV or our tent. Shane set them up earlier this morning." Lori replied looking over Cali's dirty clothes. "Maybe you should wash up down at the quarry before getting changed."

"Okay." Cali turned and began following the path towards the water.

"Oh and Cali!" Lori called out stopping the brunette in her tracks. "This is Andrea and her sister Amy. Amy is around your age. Maybe the two of you can hang out after you clean up."

Cali nodded offering the two sisters a fake smile. She wasn't in the mood for making new friends after she just viscously killed her old one. Cali saw her brother standing over by Sophia and two other kids. She was thankful that he at least had people his age to hang out with.

Arriving at the quarry Cali looked around to see if there was anyone near her. When she didn't find anyone she went to a more secluded and stripped down to her underwear. She threw her dirty clothes to the side slowly entering the water in her purple lace set.

Since the girl didn't have any soap she did her best to scrub the leftover blood off of her skin with water. Once satisfied Cali simply floated on her back enjoying the quietness. She spent a good 10 minutes just floating above the water.

Sighing the Grimes girl exited the water. She knew that if she took any longer her mother would worry and send out a search party. Cali picked up the blue towel that she had grabbed before coming down to the quarry. She began to dry her hair off before moving to her body.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shane exclaimed rushing over to the brunette. He was coming down to the quarry to check for the dead or intruders. He certainly wasn't expecting to find a half naked Cali.

"I'm washing off?" She stated but it sounded more like a question.

"Anyone could come out here and see you. You could have gotten killed. What if one of the dead came out of the woods? What would you have done? You're all alone with no weapon." He ranted flailing his arms around.

"I'm fine Shane. Nothing happened." She shrugged.

"Yeah well something could have!" He yelled. "I don't know what the fuck I'd do if something happened to you."

Cali sighed moving closer to Shane. She gently grabbed his face in her hands and turned his head so he was looking her in the eyes. "I'm okay Shane."

"Why the hell are you just standing here with no clothes on?" The man scoffed ignoring her last statement.

"I already told you. I'm just cleaning up."

"No one but me is allowed to see you like this." Shane exclaimed gesturing to her bare body.

Cali rolled her eyes bending down to grab her clean set of underwear. This particular set was a deep emerald color. Shane tried not to look at her body as she stood in front of him but it was very hard.

"Will you cover me while I change?" She asked sweetly.

Shane narrowed his eyes at her before nodding. He took the towel from her hands and held it up covering her from the possible view of onlookers. The Grimes girl smirked as she stripped out of her underwear. She could tell Shane was having a hard time not sneaking a peek at her nude body. Not wanting to torture him any longer she quickly dressed.

"We're going to have to come up with a plan for bathing because this ain't happening again." Shane explained as the two walked back to camp.

"You're just mad that someone other than you could have seen me naked." Cali laughed.

The Walsh man smiled shaking his head at the young girl next to him. He was happy that he could make her laugh after everything that happened. Shane knew that she was taking her dad and Jade's deaths hard. He was hoping that she wouldn't shut down completely.

Shane made a promise to himself that he would do anything to protect her. She was his number one priority along with Carl. He owed it to Rick to look after his family. And that's what he was going to do.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter twelve
sorry for not updating in awhile
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

•||||||||||||||||||||||||||||•here's chapter twelvesorry for not updating in awhile please let me know what you guys thinkvote/comment•|||||||||| •

^ Cali's Top ^