・44・

"What do you think they were talking about?" Rick asked his wife as they watched their daughter walk away from Shane

"I don't know but Cali shouldn't be left alone with him." Lori mumbled.

"What do you mean? Shane's not dangerous."

"We have to talk Rick." Lori sighed.

"When we get to the C.D.C. we will." He nodded heading back to the family's car.

The group traveled for about an hour before finally reaching their destination. Much to Lori's dismay they didn't get there until nightfall thanks to the RV breaking down.

The sight of the C.D.C. should have been happy and provided the survivors with some relief but it did the opposite. The building was surrounded with corpses. The second they stepped out of their cars they were met with a swarms of flies and the smell of rotten flesh.

"All right, everybody. Keep moving." Shane spoke up leading the group towards the main entrance. "Stay quiet. Okay, keep moving."

"Oh, God." Glenn gagged from his place between Cali and Dale.

"There's nobody here." T-Dog huffs when they reached the doors.

"Then why are these shutters down?" Rick shot back not losing hope.

"Walkers!" Daryl yelled altering the group. He begins shooting the walkers down before rushing towards Rick. "You led us into a graveyard!"

"He made a call." Shane hissed pushing Daryl away from Rick who began banging on the shutters blocking the entrance.

"It was the wrong damn call!" The redneck snapped back getting in Shane's face.

"Just shut up!" Cali cut in pushing the two apart. "You're not helping!"

"Rick, this is a dead end." Lori called out to her husband.

"Where are we gonna go?" Jacqui questions.

"She's right. We can't be here, this close to the city after dark." Lori nodded agreeing.

"Fort Benning, Rick... Still an option." Shane suggested.

"On what? No food, no fuel. That's 100 miles." Andrea shook her head.

"125. I checked the map." Glenn corrected the blonde.

"Not the time Glenn." Cali scoffed pinching his arm.

"Forget Fort Benning. We need answers tonight, now." Lori shouts leaving Carl with Carol and going to Rick.

"We'll think of something." Rick mumbles to himself staring at the building.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." Shane announces beginning to move back towards their vehicles.