・17・

Lori couldn't do anything but watch as her daughter and Shane disappeared into the man's tent

Lori couldn't do anything but watch as her daughter and Shane disappeared into the man's tent. She was honestly shocked by her daughter's outburst. It took a few moments for her to realize that Shane had taken Cali away from everyone else.

Not wanting them to be alone together she got up and made her way to the Walsh man's tent. "Carl stay here."

Inside the tent Shane had his arms tightly wrapped around the girl's body as she cried into his chest. It was so weird for him to see Cali this emotional. This was only the third time he'd ever seen her like this. Cali wasn't usually one to get upset.

"Cali!" Lori shouted hastily unzipping the tent. "What the hell was that?"

"Lori, maybe this can wait." Shane spoke pleading with the older woman to let it go.

"No Shane! This can't wait. You can't act like that around a bunch of people. You need to apologize!"

"Are you kidding me?" Cali yelled pulling away from Shane to look directly at her mother. "You want me to apologize to her? She was the one who was attacking me. I was only defending myself!"

"I understand that Andrea might have said some things that were out of line but you can't just flip out on her like that. We have to be civilized." Lori sighed. "We can't be kicked out of this group because you don't know how to control your anger."

"I can't believe you!" Cali shook her head.

"We need this place Cali. Think about your brother."

"And what about me? I'm just supposed to let her treat me like shit?"

"You can hold your tongue." Lori suggested. "Now let's go to bed. I don't think you should go back to the fire tonight."

"I'm not going back to your tent."

"What are you taking about?" Lori asked looking at her daughter then Shane who simply shrugged.

"I'm not staying in there anymore. You clearly don't care about my feelings so why should I stay with you anymore."

"I do care about your feelings Cali. You're my daughter."

"Then why didn't you stick up for me out there? Why are you asking me to apologize to her?" The brunette questioned.

Lori didn't know how to answer her daughter's questions. She knew any answer she provided wouldn't be good enough. So she instead decided to change the subject.

"Where will you stay? There's no other tents available."

"I'm staying in here with Shane."

"Absolutely not!"

"Why the hell not? I'm 18 which means I can do whatever I want. It's not your decision anymore."

"And you're okay with this?" The Grimes woman questioned looking at her husband's best friend.

"I'm fine with it if Cali is." Shane nodded awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. He didn't want to be in the middle of Lori and Cali's argument but he wasn't going to turn Cali down.

Lori huffed turning and stomping out of the tent. Cali let out a sigh of relief as her mom disappeared.

"Are you okay?" Shane asked softly rubbing the girls back.

She nodded looking up at him with a smile. "I am now." Before either of them knew it Shane was connecting their lips in a slow but passionate kiss. "What was that for?" Cali questioned as they pulled apart.

"That was for sticking up for yourself." Shane smiled proudly as he gripped her hips.

Instinctively Cali wrapped her arms around Shane's neck. Their bodies were inches apart as the couple stared into each other's eyes.

Shane was the first one to break eye contact as he leaned down and connected his lips with Cali's once again.

The Walsh man's hands trailed down from the brunette's waist to her butt. He gave it a firm squeeze which caused the teenager to let out a surprised yelp. Shane used Cali's surprise to his advantage as he slipped his tongue into her mouth.

He couldn't get enough of her. Shane wanted more and more of the girl but he knew he needed to pace himself. He begrudgingly broke the kiss.

Cali let out a sigh of content as she leaned her head against the man's toned chest. "I love you." She mumbled dazed.

Shane shouldn't have froze but he did. He didn't know what to say. Of course he loved her. He always had. But now it was in a different way.

"I love you too."

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter seventeen
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|