・1・

Shane walked into the Grimes house in his police uniform ready to pick his best friend up for work

Shane walked into the Grimes house in his police uniform ready to pick his best friend up for work. Rick was running late which was an every day occurrence by now. He was the only one in the house that could ever get the young teenager up for school.

Shane didn't mind waiting for Rick. It gave him time to see the Grimes' youngest child Carl. He also got a free breakfast off of Lori even if it wasn't the most delicious thing.

"I don't know what to do with her." Lori sighed placing some eggs on Shane's plate. "The only person she ever listens to is Rick."

"Well he is pretty scary when he's mad." shot back Shane stuffing his mouth with food.

"Oh please you and I both know he never gets mad at her."

Shane looked up at his best friends wife to see an annoyed expression on her face. It quickly turned into a smile as the two heard the sound of small footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Uncle Shane! Uncle Shane!"

"In here bud." Shane called standing up bracing himself.

Carl came bounding into the kitchen and jumping into Shane's awaiting arms.

"You ready for school?"

Carl made a face at his second favorite person's question. "No way. I wish me, you, and Cali could all spend the day together hanging out."

"Me too bud, that sounds fun." Shane said ruffling the young boys hair.

Lori made a plate for her son and was about to say something before the sound of loud rock music filled the house.

"Well she's finally up. Now we just have to see how long it takes for her to get ready." Rick said entering the room.

"Like I was saying I have no idea what to do about her." the brunette sighed sitting down.

"She's a teenager Lor. It's just how they are. I remember I was difficult at that age too." reasoned Rick.

"Yeah but she's going to be 18 soon. She needs to start acting more like an adult and less like a child."

"Why would I want to be an adult and be miserable. I mean look at you." The young brunette cut in making everyone turn and look at the doorway of the kitchen. Cali was fresh out of the shower dressed in a yellow cropped tank top and blue mom jeans.

Lori scoffed at her daughter's comment. "You are not wearing that to school."

Cali paid no mind to her mother as she walked to the fridge pulling out the milk. Everyone in the room watched as she made herself a bowl of cereal.

"What?"

"Don't you think that outfit is a little um too revealing?" Rick asked nervously. "You know I normally don't care what you wear but I'm not sure about that shirt."

Cali rolled her eyes before looking at the man she had been crushing on for the past 2 years.

"What do you think about my outfit Shane?"

His eyes went wide as he tried to look anywhere but her chest. "It's um well.... I'd have to agree with your parents."

"I'm not changing now unless you want me to be late to school again." she shrugged.

"Fine you want to look like a slut be my guest." Lori yelled before stomping up the stairs to her bedroom.

"God could she be anymore dramatic?" Cali asked rolling her eyes. Shane chuckled but quickly covered it with a cough.

"You know she's just stressed that you're last year of high school is almost over. It's hard for her. She's not ready for you to be an adult yet."

"Seriously dad? I think she can't wait until I'm an adult so she can kick me out."

Rick sighed. He knew he wasn't going to win this argument. As much as his daughter swears she's nothing like her mother they are both extremely stubborn. That's the whole reason they disagree so much.

"We have to get to work. Make sure you both get to school on time." Rick kissed his son and daughter on their foreheads before exiting the house.

Shane followed after him but not without taking one more glance at the incredibly beautiful girl they were leaving behind.

"Why do you and mom have to fight so much?" Carl asked his older sister.

Cali sighed. She wasn't quite sure how to respond to her brother. Why did her and her mother fight so much?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

first chapter done
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

•||||||||||||||||||||||||||||•first chapter doneplease let me know what you guys think vote/comment •|||||||||| •

^ Cali's Outfit ^