・25・

Andrea was the first to appear out of the truck

Andrea was the first to appear out of the truck. She was immediately running towards the group standing around the fire pit.

"Andrea!" Amy squealed rushing to greet her sister. Everyone watched the two blondes hug as Morales got out of the truck going to greet his family.

Cali smiled sadly watching the man hug his wife and children.

Lori could tell by looking at both of her children that they wished Rick was the one coming out of the truck. She sighed as she pulled both of them into a hug.

Cali didn't push her mother away like Lori thought she would. Instead Cali wrapped her own arm tightly around her mother while Carl buried his face into Cali's stomach.

Shane watched the three people he cared the most about in the world sadly hug each other. The image of them did not help ease his guilt whatsoever.

"You are a welcome sight." Dale smiled patting Morales on the back. "I thought we had lost you folks for sure."

"How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" Shane questioned tearing his eyes away from the Grimes family. He wanted to go over and comfort Cali but knew he couldn't in front of everyone.

"New guy got us out." Glenn shrugged.

"New guy?" The Walsh man repeated looking around for this 'new guy'.

"Yeah, crazy Vato just got into town." Morales chuckled turning back towards the truck. "Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello."

A man hesitantly stepped out of the truck. Most of the group watched as he slowly walked towards them waiting for him to look up so that they could catch a glimpse of the new comers face.

"The guy's a cop like you." Morales tells Shane before going back to his family.

When the man finally is close enough for the group to see his features, Shane can't help the look of shock that flashes across his face. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He smiled slightly at his best friend trying to look happy.

Shane knew it wasn't long before the Grimes family would see Rick. This wasn't good for Shane at all. Cali was going to hate him.

Said girl was the one to look up from the small huddle first. The first thing her eyes fell on when she removed her head from her mothers shoulder was the lanky figure of her father looking straight back at her.

Cali's mouth fell open in shock. She thought she was seeing a ghost. She couldn't believe that her father was actually standing a few feet in front of her alive and breathing.

"Dad..." The girl mumbled quietly before breaking out of her mothers hold and sprinting towards her father. "Daddy!" Cali exclaimed as she practically tackled Rick.

The Grimes man fell to his knees holding his baby girl in his arms. "Oh my god!" He cried into her shoulder as she cried into his. "Thank god!"

Carl wasn't far behind his sister. As soon as he saw why she'd ran away he was following right after her leaving Lori in the dust.

"Dad!" Carl cries joining his sister in hugging their father.

Lori watched with tears in her eyes as her thought to be dead husband tightly held their children. She never thought she was going to see him again. All because of one man.

Shane couldn't look at the scene in front of him. It made him feel too ashamed to see how much Cali and Carl missed their father. He attempted to look anywhere but the small reunion. Unfortunately his roaming eyes connected with Lori's. He could tell that she was pissed.

Rick kisses both Cali and Carl on the head picking them up easily and making his way to Lori. The woman wraps her long arms around her two children and her husband soaking up the happiness. Cali and Carl move to the side to let her their parents properly reconnect. If it was any other situation then Carl and Cali for sure would have gagged at the sight of their parents kissing but they were too happy to say anything in that moment.

As her parents hug Cali spares a glance in Shane's direction. He was looking right back at her with a small smile on his face.

Cali wasn't stupid. She could tell that his smile was fake and she bet it had something to do with the fact that he'd been lying to her and her family.

Shane was caught and he knew it from the glare that not only Lori had sent him but also from the one Cali was currently giving him.

This is what Shane was afraid of. As soon as he finally had Cali to himself Rick had to come back and ruin everything.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

here's chapter twenty five
please let me know what you guys think
vote/comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|