April 8th

Shotaro and Sungchan squeezed in on the ends of the booth when they arrived at the restaurant. All of their friends had decided to organize a meetup the previous day, and it was a miracle that everyone was free on such short notice. The group was, well, large, so they took up a large portion of the restaurant while trying to be as quiet as possible so that they weren't singled out as the loudest group there.

Shotaro's spot was next to Kunhang, and he greeted the older before setting an order with the waiter that had already arrived at the table. He ordered some chicken katsu, which was a pleasant surprise on the menu.

"It's been a while since I talked to you, Kunhang." Shotaro nudged the aforementioned in the arm. "What's been up with you, Mr. Model?"

"Oh, please." Kunhang shrugged, a little flustered by Shotaro suddenly bringing up his job. "It's, like, nothing."

Yangyang rolled his eyes from across the table. "If you can call arriving from Paris two nights ago nothing. When do you go off for New York again? Wasn't it, like, two days from now?"

"Actually," Kunhang started, shoulders set back farther as he visibly brightened up, "I managed to push it for another week. I don't leave until next Saturday."

Yangyang nearly dropped his glass of water. "You're joking."

"I'm glad I'm not."

Widening his eyes, Yangyang glanced around the restaurant before pointing an accusatory finger in Kunhang's face. "I hope you know that if there weren't any people here, I'd jump across this fucking table and smother you. Romantically."

Shotaro wanted Yangyang to elaborate on whatever meaning "romantically" had in this context, but ignored the urge when he saw their plates of food being dished out. All twelve (plus, because Ten, Kun, and Johnny had decided on getting sides) of them.

When the food came out, the conversation still stayed alive. Shotaro shifted easily between topics, engaging in some conversation in Japanese with Yuta and Sungchan (he'd do all in his power to raise his kids bilingual) before turning to Dejun and raving about another garden just outside of Seoul.

Even for the people that Shotaro hadn't been interacting with on the daily (so everyone that wasn't Ten, Yangyang, or Mark), it felt as though no time had passed between any of their interactions. It truly felt like the reunion that Ten had been trying to make it, as though they as a group were a whole family.

 Shotaro finished up his katsu and watched the conversation drag out for an extra hour. Everyone had something to tell, something new that the others didn't know, something that just showed the ever-changing and fast-paced lives of his friends.

Why should his be any different?

***

katsu... wink wink... children bilingual... WINKKKK

i think that every spouse has now made an apperance so GOOD JOB TO ME