August 22nd

Sundays were nice.

Shotaro would always get to wake up in Sungchan's arms on Sundays. It was comforting, calm, and made him smile.

However, on this Sunday, Shotaro woke up to sunlight boring into his eyes. He squinted in the direction of the curtains, seeing that Sungchan was standing by them.

The younger turned around at the sound of Shotaro shuffling. "Oh, Taro! You're awake."

Shotaro groaned, essentially saying "somewhat".

"I just wanted to clean up around here. I need to get things together for the new year, too." Sungchan strutted over to the other side of the room, starting to rearrange the binders on the desk. "You should go back to sleep."

"I'm too awake to." Shotaro turned over (so that he didn't have to star into the sunlight anymore) and rubbed his eyes.

"Aw." Moving towards the bed, Sungchan ruffled Shotaro's hair lightly before turning his attention back to the binders. "I've made some breakfast, which is in the kitchen. You obviously don't have to go to get any now, obviously, so just wake up slowly and get some."

Shotaro hummed. He did exactly as Sungchan had recommended, slowly standing up and shuffling out the bedroom door. He staggered down the stairs, taking a peek at the pancakes before grabbing a plate.

Taking a few pancakes, Shotaro grabbed the maple syrup from the cupboard as well, drzzling some on the breakfast before putting it back. He opened the fridge to get some water, but his eyes fell to the wine that he had salvaged from Kun and Dejun's house. He could totally pretend that he was drinking grape juice. They had some, didn't they? It wasn't like Shotaro ever day drank, so that was new.

He brought his meal back upstairs, curling underneath the covers before he started to eat. He was careful to not spill any syrup onto the sheets, sipping at his wine at a slow pace.

Shotaro stared at Sungchan's back as he ate, silently watching him go through his binders. Sungchan being a teacher was an interesting career choice from him, in the older's opinion, but he was passinate about what he did and was always completely organized.

Quickly, Shotaro finished his pancakes (though the wine was still not done), standing up from the bed. He dragged his feet across the bedroom before attaching himself to his husband's back. "Sungchannie, do you want any help with anything?"

"Um..." Sungchan's eyes looked around. "Well, not really. I want you to relax today."

"I have a day off tomorrow that I can relax on. Even if it's something little, I want to help."

"No, Shotaro, just rest." Sungchan turned around, pecked Shotaro on the lips, and led the older to the bed. He lightly pushed him down to the bed, covering Shotaro with the bedsheets. "I'll clean up the place. You should totally rest."

And Shotaro couldn't argue. He watched Sungchan bustle around for around an hour (while having some of his wine) before the younger was slipping back under the covers next to him.

Sungchan kissed Shotaro, deeper that before. The older reacted quickly before the younger was pulling back.

"You taste like wine."

Shotaro glanced at the glass on the bedside table. "So?"

"It's not even 2PM yet."

The older merely sighed, pulled Sungchan in for a hug, and relaxed.