October 31st

The question was still ringing through Shotaro's ears a few weeks later. It was a chilly Halloween, meaning that he was planning on spending most of it curled up in bed with some hot chocolate. Sungchan, like usual, would probably spend the day marking, as it was a Sunday and he hadn't gone through all of his student's tests yet.

"Today is so boring," Shotaro groaned. The bank was closed on Sundays, which meant he had spent the entire day at home. He hadn't even gone out on a walk because of the cold weather.

Sungchan hummed in response. "At least this is one of the days that we get to spend together."

"But you've been huddled up at the desk and not here." Shotaro pouted. "Come here already."

"And perfect timing. I'm done marking." Sungchan stood up from the desk, moving to the bed. He sat down next to Shotaro, an arm wrapping around him. "Have you thought about it?"

"About what?"

"What I asked you. Do you want to?"

Shotaro took a second to think to himself, the conversation coming back to him. In the two– almost three– weeks since the talk had happened, nothing had changed. He was still the same person he was six months ago. He was getting left behind. "I mean, it feels less like a choice and more if I need to."

"And, if you need to?"

"Then yes." Shotaro took a deep breath. "You were right. And thank you, by the way, for looking out for me when I wouldn't look out for myself."

Sungchan smiled, interlocking his fingers with Shotaro's. "It's the least I can do. I told you that we could go through things together, didn't I?"

The older nodded. He hadn't at all been taking those words into consideration since April. He had stuffed himself into a headspace that was just sort of him against the world. Things wouldn't need to be like that anymore. Now it was us and them. Shotaro and Sungchan, trying to get over a miscarriage that had happened six months ago.

"But, um, where would I even start?"

"I'm already ahead of you." Sungchan softly pushed Shotaro's head down onto his shoulder. "I've been seeing one already. Lee Taeyong. He's very nice, and I know he's got some coworkers that would be helpful. I wouldn't expect you to see Taeyong, though. He's knows a lot."

"Um, yeah, someone else would be nice," Shotaro muttered softly. "But how do I even–"

"I'll take care of everything, Taro. You just sit back and finish your hot chocolate before it gets cold."