July 19th

Sungchan was awake before Shotaro. Usually, this was rare, but it had become more and more common since the end of April. Shotaro was hoping that he'd just have his day off and things would be easy.

Obviously, things weren't like that. But for good reason.

"Good morning, Taro." Sungchan brushed hair off of Shotaro's forehead, placing a small kiss there. "You know how you told me about the lotus garden that Kun and Dejun went to?"

"Ungh..." Shotaro was responding, and this was meant to say yes, and thank you for unintentionally leaving Lea out. Not that I hate her, but...

"Well, I was thinking that we should go today. It'll be fun, right?"

"Urgh..." I guess.

Sungchan smiled, pressing a quick peck to Shotaro's lips. "I assume I'm getting ready first, then."

"Go."

~~~~~

Sungchan was right. The lotus garden was fun. They found a food stand not too far in, so the two (read: Shotaro) order food (in suddenly bad Korean) and look out at the flowers on the later as they eat. Shotaro filled up his camera roll, and so did Sungchan, though his pictures were more of Shotaro than they were of just him. When they take a selfie together, Shotaro manages to crack a small smile.

Progress.

The nature was definitely calming. Maybe taking walks would be good for Shotaro after all. Nature left him alone, but instead of him being alone and quite literally drowning in his thoughts, he's alone to look at and take in the beauty of nature.

After all, nature did create Sungchan.

Shotaro found that the only time he forced a smile was when he was talking to the worker at the food stand. Other than that, the small smirk-like things that he did were genuine happiness.

The moment he arrived home, however, that happiness seemed to disappear immediately.

"So?" Sungchan asked, arm around Shotaro. He rubbed the latter's shoulder soothingly, as if he was trying to warm him up. "How are things?"

"I want to go back." Shotaro made a mental note to text Dejun about the lotus garden and how it really had been helpful. Seriously.

Sungchan nodded, a small smile on his face. "I was hoping that seeing the beauty of life would make you hate yours a little less."