March 10th

"So, how have you been?"

Shotaro wasn't fumbling with his hands as much as he had the first time around. Taeil usually had to wait patiently for his answer, but this time, he knew what he wanted to say. "I've been pretty okay, actually."

Taeil nodded, seeming to be pleasantly surprised. Well, Shotaro could only assume. Taeil wasn't very easy to read. "Care to elaborate?"

"Well, I..." Shotaro actually didn't have an answer. "I don't actually know. I woke up and decided it would be a good day, I guess."

"It sounds like you're actually getting better, then." Taeil pushed up his glasses. "Is this a frequent feeling? Where you're just happy for no reason?"

"It's getting there," Shotaro started, "but then I remember that next month is April, and April is what caused all of my problems."

Taeil hummed. "It was just one event last April, though. If not for that, it would've been a pretty normal April, wouldn't it?"

"Well, yeah..."

"Here's what I think." Taeil removed his glasses. using one of the temples to point at Shotaro. "Treat it like a normal April. Keep it normal. A part of moving on is being able to act normal on an anniversary of something, but that doesn't mean you should grieve. It's just... still get things done. Still go to work like you would on any other day. Still run errands. It won't be the end of things just because of an anniversary. I understand the first few might be hard, but taking steps as early as you can would probably be the most benefitial to you."

Shotaro had to think long and hard about that. He thought about it for so long, in face, that he was still thinking about what Taeil had said when he was getting into bed with Sungchan at the end of the way.

"What are you thinking about?" Sungchan asked, interlacing their fingers together.

Shotaro hummed. "April. And being happy."

"Aren't those completely different categories?"

"I'm trying to find a way to make them the same."