June 1st

Surprisingly, Shotaro took Sungchan's words to heart. He should get back to work. After all, it'd take his mind off of things for a while.

At the same time, however, he wasn't willing to answer his coworker's burning questions. Seriously, he couldn't even say miscarriage at this point in time.

But, again, on the other hand, he hadn't seen Ten, Yangyang, or Mark in a while. He missed talking to them. Especially Mark, who was busy with his daughter, Kaelin.

He woke up to a text in their group chat from Ten, which read "happy pride month you gay assholes 💘💘🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈" and came with a picture of him and Johnny in a bar, clearly too drunk to be allowed outside.

Shotaro stared at the message for way too long, remembering the days months ago when he, Yangyang, and Ten would all go out for drinks together. Mark would join them on occasion, and there were even times that Dejun was able to come along (Jungwoo was usually M.I.A. due to Robbie). Still, Shotaro hadn't yet had his dream of getting all of his friends and their husbands out to just have fun together.

This said one big thing about Shotaro at the moment. He missed living.

Shotaro finally crawled out of his bed, looking straight at the calendar on the wall. The sunlight streaming into the room from the windows on the opposite side illuminated it perfectly.

He scanned over the calendar, feeling everything slow down when he saw the note he'd previously scrawled on June 29th.

7 months!!

He looked at it for a moment, wondering if he was supposed to cross out the date or anything. The longer he stared at it, the longer he felt like doing so.

Fuck it. Shotaro grabbed a pen from the small basket that was stuck to the wall, crossing out 7 months with such vigor that he accidentally ripped the calendar a bit.

His hands were already moving with a mind of their own, and before he knew it, Shotaro was staring at a new event added to his calendar.

July 1
back 2 work