July 25th

Small things triggered Shotaro.

He realized this when he caught himself muting his friend's groupchat, something that he would never think of doing if he was in his right mind.

He placed his phone down on his bedside table, looking over towards Sungchan. The younger was still asleep, finally done with teaching for the summer holidays. Still, Shotaro had his own job to deal with, so he pulled himself out of bed to start to get ready.

When he stepped into the shower, however, Shotaro found himself looking down at his stomach. He had been finding himself dressing up in large, oversized shirts and sweaters, both as a general part of his style and because he didn't want to see his body. Still, nothing had really hit him. Sure, he had been feeling like a shell and completely out of body, but he had random moments where he just... broke down.

This, unfortunately, was one of those times.

Shotaro tried to silence his cries the best that he could, not wanting to wake up Sungchan. He knew that the younger was only going to be concerned. Sungchan, sadly, couldn't help Shotaro. He didn't know how he was going to descibe how he was feeling to anyone, and it wasn't like he would in the first place.

The tears left his eyes before he even realized it. Shotaro's back hit the wall, supporting him so that he didn't fall. Support was probably the thing that he needed the most at the moment, but how was he supported to reach out and get it if he couldn't say a word?

He figured the wall was studier. Something to lean on. He had been planning on taking a quick shower, but it took him twenty minutes to pull himself together. He wasn't going to call in sick during his first month back.