December 4th

"Let's go out and do something, Shotaro."

Shotaro looked at Yangyang from across the table. Seriously, he hadn't been expecting the sudden request, but Taeil had told him that when he appeared to be better, people would start asking him to hang out again. He, of course, didn't want this, so Shotaro had been doing his best to seem the exact same. Maybe this was just a spontaneous choice that Yangyang made.

"Please?" Yangyang pouted. "We all miss hanging out with you."

Actually, Shotaro didn't really need much begging. But seeing just how quick Yangyang was to try and convince him just put things into perspective a bit. He hadn't really been around his friends much this year, had he?

"I don't see why not." He shrugged, fumbling with the small piece of cantaloupe he had been planning on eating. "Where are we going?"

Yangyang's face lit up. "Ten and Mark found this new restaurant, and it's one of those new fancy ones that's randomly expensive. We used to go to those types of places all the time, right?"

Right. Used to. Before... everything. "Were you planning on heading out today, then?"

"Yep. Mainly because Ten said that he'd pay for everything."

Shotaro smiled. "Oh, then I'm totally in."

~~~

Mark waited until the waitress walked away before making a comment on the food. "Okay, as delicious as this is, the expensive plating and small serving size is really... interesting."

"That, and the waitres is way too damn flirty." Ten picked at his steak. "The food's average, though."

Shotaro nodded. "Agreed. And how much are you paying for this again?"

"That's a secret," Yangyang replied for Ten. "Though I have no idea."

"It is a secret." Ten pointed at Yangyang. "If I tell you, you'll pretend to feel bad, insist on paying me back, then never actually do it. This isn't my first rodeo."

Yangyang pouted. "You're unfortunately correct."

Ten's gaze shifted over to Shotaro. "God, why did we stop doing these? These are fun. When I'm not paying, usually, but it's still nice."

"Yeah," Shotaro responded, smiling. He definitely missed this.