April 27th

Usually, on Thursday mornings, Shotaro had the time off. Usually, he would rest in bed, taking a moment to breathe before he went off for work. Usually, he didn't go anywhere.

Not on this particular morning, however.

Shotaro smiled as he drove down the road, on his way to work straight from his doctor's appointment. At least he knew for sure that what he suspected was right.

When he arrived at work, Ten flocked over to Shotaro, a smile on his face. "So, uh, are we for real?"

"Of course we're for real." Shotaro glanced over at Yangyang and Mark, who were staring at them. "I don't know when I should tell Sungchan, though."

"Do it today, I dare you." Ten hummed for a moment, though. "Or is it, like, too soon...? You know what day it is."

Shotaro hummed. "I mean... now that it's official, I don't want to wait any longer. Besides, it'll be a bit ironic."

"Right." Ten patted Shotaro on the back. "Alright, I'll let you get to work."

~~~~~

Shotaro was almost giddy with excitement on his drive home, still unsure of how he would break his positive news to Sungchan. He knew that it was like literally any other day, but he might as well deliver the news over a nice dinner.

When he got home, he saw that Sungchan had sent him a message to note that he'd be staying late for marking. This only gave Shotaro more time to prepare, so he started cooking and poured some wine. So what if it was a Thursday? A little wine didn't hurt anyone.

When Sungchan got back home, Shotaro greeted him with a kiss on the cheek and leads the younger to the dining room, which is where he's set up the meal.

"Oh, wow." Sungchan glanced around at the plates. "Wow, Taro, what's the occasion?"

"Nothing," Shotaro lied, hands resting on Sungchan's shoulders to push the younger towards the table. "Now take a seat and enjoy."

The couple made small talk as they ate, as they always did, and Sungchan started asking Shotaro about his day. He delievered a specific comment about if Shotaro had gone out in the morning or not, and this was Shotaro's time to break the news.

"You know, it's funny that I had a doctor's appointment today, just like last year."

Sungchan locked eyes with Shotaro, confusion written all over his face. He didn't know that Shotaro had a doctor's appointment. When Sungchan had asked if the older had gone out, he meant something like a walk.

"Doctor?" Sungchan reached across the table, taking Shotaro's hand. "Are you alright?"

Shotaro didn't seem phased, bringing Sungchan's hand up to his lips to peck his husband's hand. He pulled back with a smile, exhaling three words.

"Sungchan, I'm pregnant."