Will you.....?

A few weeks later I'm in the bedroom trying to figure out what to wear tonight. Steve has prepared a surprise, but refuses to give me the slightest hint. Sure, I could just read his mind and find out what he's up to, but then I'd just screw up the surprise. He's also looking forward to it so much, that can be clearly seen. So that we can be completely relaxed, Nat and Wanda have offered to take care of Emily. The two of them went to the zoo with her, Bruce and Vision and will then take her to the Avengers headquarters. Ultimately, I opt for an airy, knee-length, dark pink dress with white dots and white strappy pumps. I put my hair up in a loose braid so that my hair falls out of the hair tie in gentle waves. I also wear the sunflower necklace Steve gave me on our first real date, as I do every day. When I get into the living room, Steve is standing there, obviously nervous, playing with the curtain on our window. He is wearing black chinos, a white polo shirt and a black sports jacket. He doesn't seem to notice me until I'm right in front of him. "Wow!" his eyes light up as soon as he has noticed me. I playfully turn around in a circle. "You are beautiful" he pulls me close and kisses me deeply. "Thank you. You look really good too" I reach for his hand "Shall we go?" When we come out the door, Steve's motorcycle is already waiting. "I hope it's ok to take the bike?" he says and looks back and forth between the machine and me. It takes a moment before I realize he's worried because I'm wearing a dress. I kiss him lightly on the cheek and walk towards the motorcycle. A dress may not be the perfect outfit for a motorcycle, but I know how much he loves it when I cling to him closely while driving. I get on the machine behind him and tuck the dress under my butt so that it doesn't reveal too much about me during the ride. Then I wrap my arms around Steve and seconds later we're on the street. During the ride, I lean my cheek against his back and enjoy the ride. Slowly the city gives way to the beach and pretty quickly you can see the houses and skyscrapers only as small dots behind us. When we stop I notice that we are exactly where we spent the day when Steve was surfing. Steve helps me down and we walk along the beach for a while. I feel his hand starting to sweat and feel the nervousness radiating from him. "Everything OK?" I ask him because I can't imagine anything that could happen tonight that could make him so nervous. "Yes ... yes, everything is fine," he answers unconvincingly. I watch him carefully when we suddenly stop. "We're there," he says when he looks over at me briefly and signals to me that I should look ahead. When I do that, I am speechless. A tent is set up in the sand in front of us, the one in which we spent the night of our first date, and next to it a candlelight dinner is set up in the sand. Torches are set up all around to give us light later when it is dark. Like a true gentleman, Steve pulls out my chair and adjusts it before he sits down. All kinds of antipasti are already on the table - dates wrapped in bacon, olives, baguettes, small potatoes, ham, cheese - everything looks absolutely delicious. "Wow" I'm still kind of speechless. "How did you prepare all this, you were at home or not?" I ask when I realize that he hasn't been out of the house long enough to prepare this. "I had a little help from Bucky to be honest," he admits, embarrassed. Sure, how could I not think of it. "Then maybe I should thank Bucky for the evening," I say teasingly as I put an olive in my mouth. "He sure appreciate that" he says with a laugh and pours us both some wine. "But even if Bucky helped with the preparations, everything that still happens today was entirely my idea." I raise my glass and we toast "I'm excited to see what's coming." After we have eaten, I notice Steve getting nervous again. During the meal he was relaxed and easygoing, but now the tension is clearly visible again. "Are you sure everything is okay with you? You are so nervous." Without answering, he takes a deep breath, stands up, and comes over to me. He turns my chair in his direction and goes down on one knee in front of me. Oh my God! Is this really happening? He takes a small black velvet box out of his trouser pocket. He opens the box and a rose-colored ring appears with a setting reminiscent of the tendrils of a rose. In this setting there is a small, sparkling, round diamond. The ring is beautiful. "Amilia - you are the most wonderful woman I have ever met. You are smart, funny, so stubborn that sometimes I can hardly believe it" we both giggle shortly before he continues. "You're beautiful and incredibly sexy. Even when Bucky introduced us to each other in the 40s, I knew you were the one to me. You blew me away and I fell in love with you instantly. The years that I thought I'd lost you forever were the worst of my life." When I remembered that we'd both thought for too long that we'd never have a happy ending, tears welled up in my eyes. He sees that and puts his hand on my cheek. "We got a second and even a third chance. You are the mother of our wonderful daughter. You two are everything I ever wished for in life. And thanks to you, we can now lead a carefree life as a family. I love you more than my own life." And I love him more than my own life. I didn't even know there were so many sweet words in him. "So I wanted to ask you - do you want to marry me and finally officially become Mrs. Rogers?" I hardly let him finish his sentence when I throw myself into his arms. "Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes!" I kiss him profusely "I love you so much Steve." Tenderly he slides the ring on my finger. I'm so happy that I immediately pull him back to me and kiss him like there's no tomorrow. "Did you really think I'd say no? Or why were you so nervous?" I ask at some point and he looks guiltily to the ground. "Yes ... no ... I don't know. I've never really believed that you really care about me. I mean you're an absolute goddess and ... I just love you so much." "I've always loved you. Even when you weren't Captain America. And that never changed." We spend the rest of the evening romantically on the beach. We go for a walk and swim naked when it is pitch dark. The moon and the stars above shimmer on the water. Everything is absolutely perfect.