Remember

When Steve surprised me on the porch, he unfortunately had more than good news for me. He told me about how Bucky fell into a ravine on a mission and has since disappeared. Because of the height they are sure that he could not have survived. My legs buckle under me, suddenly completely powerless. Steve catches me and stays by my side for days while I try to come to terms with the loss of my best friend, my brother. After a couple of weeks I recovered somewhat, Steve was called to another mission. I don't want him to leave but I know I can't stop him. Steve is a born hero - he would always do what is good for the community. While Steve is away, an employee of my father comes on the scene who has apparently eaten a fool on me. He starts chasing me and I wish so much Steve was here to put him in his place. On the day Steve was supposed to return, I received the message that he has been missing for weeks. My heart was completely broken now. I lost my best friend and the love of my life. I cut myself off from everything and everyone, so that I didn't even notice how my family gradually disappeared. My father's employee, Quentin, offers to help me find them again. And although I find him repulsive, I accept this offer with thanks so great is my despair. But I would never have seen what happened next in my life.

Quentin's offer to help me was just a ruse. He drugged me and took me to a cave where he was already holding my entire family prisoner. He brutally abused us. I can't say how long the ordeal lasted. He hit us and left us starving. He raped me several times and made sure I was awake and receptive as he successively killed my family members. I don't know how, but one day I managed to overpower him and kill him in a fight. Injured and dying, I made it out of the cave where I collapsed unconscious in a meadow, ready to die. But death did not come.

When I woke up I was in a hut. A man was with me. Niklaus Michaelson - Klaus. For the first few weeks I was afraid of him, but I was dependent on him. As it turned out in retrospect, he had saved my life by giving me his blood to drink just seconds before my heart stopped beating. He saw me lying on this meadow, more dead than alive, and instantly fell in love with me. From that day on, I turned into a creature, one third a witch, one third a vampire, and one third a werewolf - I became a tribrid. We were happy together and I loved him in a way that, after everything that had happened, I had no longer believed possible. But even though I loved Klaus, my heart still belonged to Steve. Klaus knew that. He loved me so much that he stayed with me even though he knew that my heart would never entirely be his. But this time too, my luck should be stolen from me. There was a special race of werewolves - the Lycans - who led a revolt against Klaus. There was a bitter fight in which they managed to kill him and tear him out of my life forever. Each one of them paid for this with their own lives. In a mad rage, I wiped out the entire species.

Now I was alone and broken and no longer saw any point in living. But something, something I can't name, kept me from killing myself. Suicide is the only way I can die. But I couldn't go on with the feelings and memories of what had happened either. So I did something that should change my being completely. I decided to turn off my humanity and became an unscrupulous beast.