Amilia's pancakes

Back home, I go straight to the kitchen and unpack the ingredients I just bought. Groot is also in the kitchen and watches me carefully as I do everything. Minutes later I'm in the process of stirring everything together into a smooth dough. Pancakes have always been Steve and Bucky's favorite breakfasts. I'll make enough extra pancakes for all of us. While I am working, the kitchen is suddenly filled with loud music. I turn around and see Groot, who is standing in front of the music system in the kitchen, dancing exuberantly to "Walking on sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Infected by the happy music and Groot's little dance, I also begin to dance to myself. As I stand at the stove and fry the pancakes, arms suddenly wrap around my hips. "Someone is in a good mood. What are you cooking?" Steve asks before he kisses me on the cheek. I turn around and smile at him. "I make pancakes." "Really? I've always loved your pancakes." "I just hope they still taste as good as they did back then. I haven't made pancakes in years." I turn back to the stove and fry the last of the pancakes. While Steve is pouring coffee for both of us, I prepare three plates of pancakes and decorate them with some fruit and syrup. Groot, Steve and I sit at the table and I watch nervously as Steve takes the first bite. "Just as good as I remember them," he smiles happily at me. A few minutes later, the others slowly come into the kitchen as well. "Can I smell Amilia's pancakes?" asks Bucky when he comes in. He takes a plate and sits down with us. It doesn't take long until everyone has had breakfast and all of the pancakes have actually been eaten. "They are really damn good," says Loki as he puts the last bite in his mouth. "Finally there is someone here who knows something about cooking" Wanda leans back contentedly in her chair, her hands on her belly. After everyone has finished eating, Steve and I stand at the sink doing the dishes. "Ready for our date later?" Steve asks casually. "Sure. Or are you backing down?" He carelessly throws the tea towel on the kitchen counter and pulls me close. "Never. I finally have the chance. Back then, before ... before I just disappeared, we never had a real date." I shyly kiss his cheek. "And yet I enjoyed every second we were together." We just hold each other for a few minutes. "Ok, we should get ready. Is it okay if we leave in an hour?" I nod. "Do I have to think about anything when choosing my outfit?" "Wear whatever you want. But it might be useful if you put on your bathing suit, or at least take it with you." "All right, Captain. I'll see you in an hour."