>>>>>-chapter 23-<<<<<

|Unkown Pov|

"So what's taking us so long to kill this excuse of a human." I asked throwing my hands up in frustrating.

"If we kill her then what do we get, how does it help us!" He shouted, "we need to keep her alive until I get what I want from Adrian."

"And what makes you think Adrian would risk it all for her?" I asked.

"Because he loves her." He simply replied.

Before I could reply, one of the guards walked in informing us that Maya had woken up. Honestly I don't know what kind of powers this Maya has, she's been beaten, starved, and even shocked but here she is still awake.

"I spy my little eye, miss sleeping beauty is finally wake." Mike said as we entered the room.

"Hmm I see you're still using ur cliche pick up lines." Maya said chuckling.

"Even in this condition you still have your big mouth, you always have something to say." I said closing the door.

"Oh no you're here too, I guess more fun." She said as she chuckled, saying this pissed me off would be an understatement.

Maybe a little electric shock will shut her up. I carefully walked towards a wooden table grabbing the little remote that was there.

"Ahhh!" She yelled as soon as I turned on the machine.

"Oh look who is in pain." Finally I got to shut her up, only to hear an annoying laugh coming from her.

"Ahhh," she imitating what she did earlier "ouch! It really hurts." She said chuckling.

Before I could hit the button again, Mike grabbed it from my hand.

"We still need her, you hit that again she could die." He said dragging me out of the room.

|Adrian|
"Excuse me Adrian, it's time to close the office." My assistant said entering my office.
"You all can go, I'll stay here." I replied.

"So you basically want us to lock you inside." She asked.

"Yes."

"Oh ok, have a good night then." She said walking away.
"You too." I replied.

I went back to looking at my files, I hadn't looked at any of them since Maya went missing. If I finish them then I can look for Maya as soon as the sun rises.
After working for more that my body could handle I finally decide to take a short break. I went downstairs at the cafeteria looking for something to eat.

From the moment I left my office I felt like I wasn't alone but I didn't think much of it because I know it's definitely my assistant.

"Linda I know you're there, just come out no need to hide." I said chuckling as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Well hello to you little brother."

Thanks for reading :)