>>>>>-Chapter 13<<<<<

|Maya|

It's been weeks since I last saw Adrian, I still can't believe he was playing me all this time. I can't really change what happened, now my only goal is to take care of this cafe.

Adrian is stupid to think that he can get this cafe so easily.

"Maya Trina is here to pick you up." Mama yelled from down stairs.

I totally forgot that Trina and I had something planned today.

Trina and I left my home and headed straight to the cafe that was six blocks away from the thrift store.
The cafe is our usual spot where we gossip about the craziest things, thank God we both don't quit school because we get to be put all day.

"Oh, Maya I forgot to tell you, Christian is coming back tomorrow." Trina said as soon as we sat at our usual table.

"No way!" I exclaimed.

Christian was my childhood crush but am sure he has grown to be a mean guy, like all the other guys.

"Maya aren't you happy." Trina asked breaking me out of my deep thoughts.

Am I happy?

"Of course!" I lied.

We stayed at the cafe for three whole hours then went our separate ways afterwards, Trina had to go help at her mother's bakery and I went for a walk at the park.

As I was walking back home, I received an anonymous text.

"Hey! meet me in the pastry shop on your right."

"Why, you're stupid to think that I would actually meet you, go trouble someone else am really not in the mood for these scams." I texted back.

I'll just go home and have a hot bath.

"Maya it's mike so come, unless you don't care about your coffee shop." The unknown number texted again.

Great way to end my day, I have no choice but to see that fool.

"What do you want?" I said as soon as I approached Mike.

"You need to work on your attitude." He said as he took a sip from his cup of tea.

"Mike or whatever you call yourself say what you have to say, I don't have all night." Am only rude to bad people like him.

"Why haven't you been seeing Adrian?" What a foolish question.

"Are you seriously asking me that."

"Do you think if you stop seeing him, he magically leaves your mother's cafe alone." He said placing his hand on the table.

"No but I don't want to be around him, he's a cheat." I replied taking a sit.

"You need to be close to him in order to keep your mother's cafe safe." He said.

Well, he's right but I can't stand Adrian.

"No, I don't need to." I rudely said.

"If you're close to him you will know his every move and you will try stopping it, Adrian has a blue file that contains all the plans about the cafe but if you get it and give it to me..." He said then stood up and walked out of the coffee shop leaving totally confused.

He calls me to leave me confused, what a stupid guy.

The next day

|Adrian|

I gave Maya too much time to calm down from whatever happened, I drove for an hour and a half to her place. I would knock but she is my girlfriend after all.

"Maya why haven't been answering my texts!" I said storming into her room.

Thank God her parents are never around.

"Oh my gosh you scared me your pig face." She said as she dramatically placed her hand on her chest.

"First of all am not a pig face, am way too handsome to be a pig and second why did you ghost me." I said locking her door heading toward her desk.

"Well, I was busy and uhm my phone broke." Liar.

Her phone looks perfectly fine to me and she was not busy I had my men follow her around, all she did was go to some cafe every day.

"Hmmm okay, well how about telling me next time." I lied.

"Sure, so what are you doing here anyway." She asked as she stopped what she was doing giving me her full attention.

"To talk to you, isn't obvious." I said sitting beside her.