>>>>>-Chapter 16<<<<<

|Adrian|

Maya and I have been in my office for over twenty minutes but no words at all, all she has done is stare at me awkwardly.

"I know am handsome but can you stop staring." I teased finally earning a few words from her.

"Who keeps lying to you that you're handsome or whatever." She said.

Silence once again dominated the room until Maya said something.

"Why the hell did you hire me." I thought she would be happy; women are too hard to understand.

"Didn't you come here for a job interview." I smell a huge argument.

"Well, I did but not to be your assistant, now I'll have to see your ugly face every day." She said slightly frowning her eyebrows, sometimes I doubt that she is nineteen.

"Well, you can quit then." Please don't quit.

"No, I can't, I need this job!" She exclaimed earning a laugh from me.

|Maya|

I left Adrian's office a few hours ago now am headed to Trina's place, I promised that we would have a sleep over tonight. I really can't wait to tell her all that went down today.

In no time I arrived at Trina's place, I found them having dinner so I joined. Trina and I cleaned up the kitchen then went to her room to begin the weird sleep over of ours.

"Is it bad that I have feelings for Adrian even after finding out that he's a manipulative liar." I randomly said nervously biting my nails.

"Oh, my you idiot, I told you to stop spending too time with him but you didn't listen." She said pausing the show we were watching.

"I know but Adrian has all the qualities." I said moving closer to her so now we were facing each other.

"Well, you can't really fight love can you, what if Adrian's brother is lying to you, what if Adrian is really a good guy." Trina said as she held my hands in hers.

I really wish Adrian was innocent but I've seen all the evidence I need; nothing can change my mind about him.

"Trina we both know Adrian is not innocent, so no need to talk more about this, let's just get back to watching the show." I really want Adrian to be innocent but he just isn't.

"Try ask him about all this." She suggested but OfCourse I won't do that I hate confrontation.

We finally watched the last episode of Warrior nun; my eyes were just too heavy I don't even remember how I fell asleep.

●●●●●●●●

"Crazy Maya you're late." I receive a text from Adrian.
He can't even say good morning, did you sleep well, stupid handsome fool.

Oh, shoot I totally forgot that I have a job now, which devil sent me to get a job.
Now how am I going to wake up late.

I texted my mother telling her that I couldn't come straight home, I had to get to work. Thank God she understood and didn't yell at me for not telling her earlier.

Trina is still dead a sleep so I'll take this chance to take a quick shower and maybe borrow her clothes.

"You're one hour late." Adrian said as soon as I entered his office.

"Hi baby." I teased hoping that would save me from his one-hour lecture.

"Baby you're one hour late." He said imitating my voice.

"Hey stop making fun of me." I said heading towards his desk.

His office is just too big, I could live here.

"So, baby I have a meeting in ten minutes and I need you to be there." He said still making fun of my voice.

"Hey Mr. hot fool, you can stop calling me baby now." I said making myself comfortable on the luxurious chair.

"You really have interesting words today, hot fool not bad crazy Maya." Adrian said still keeping his focus on whatever file he was working on.

The room was silent, both Adrian and I were focused on whatever we were doing, I don't really understand what am working on but let's keep acting.

Maybe I should talk to Adrian about the cafe situation, just as I was about to say what was on my mind, I got interrupted by an unpleasant person.

"Adrian the meeting has started."