>>>>>-Chapter one-<<<<<

|Maya|

"Here you go, enjoy your meal." I said as the last customer exited the cafe.

Today was a long exhausting day, who said working at a cafe is fun, honestly, I can't deal with rich people.

They are so full of themselves I can't even count how many rude rich people I encountered with today but of course I had to put on a fake smile all day. Anyway, let me stop ranting and start cleaning this place.

"Mayaya mama calling you!" My one-year-old half-sister yelled even though she was one step away from me.

"Do you have to yell all the time miss Trixie." I said as I took off my black and white apron. Scratch that, the only apron I own.

"Maybe..." was all she said before taking a sit.

Oh, how good she looks in those beautiful curls of hers but of course I won't tell her that, it will only increase her pride.

"Come on get up, I can't leave you here alone I don't want you turning this place upside down." I said reaching my hand out to her."

"Can I have icream before we go?" She asked as she stood up.

"Trixie it's not icream, it's ice cream and no this is not an ice cream shop now come on up we go." I joked as I took her in my arms.

>>>>>>□>>>>>>

"Hey ma, hey pa." I greeted as I took the last step on the stair case, I can't believe am already out of breath the stairs are not that much though.

I really need to work out.

If you are wondering why Trixie is brown skin and am white? Please don't call me racist I just don't know how to put it, anyway it's because my mom got married again to a mixed-race guy four years ago. I don't really address people by color but people will only understand you when you use colors to explain such a situation.

"Oh, there you are, hope you didn't cause trouble at work today." Mom said as she came towards me placing a kiss on my right cheek.

"Ma what makes you think that I cause trouble when you're not around." I complained taking quick steps to the kitchen.

I need something to eat, I haven't had anything since morning. Maybe this tortilla will satisfy me, no we are not Mexican.

"Because you are a trouble maker, both of you." She said pointing at Trixie and I.

"What did I do!" Trixie shouted earning mum and dad to chuckle.

Yeah, what did the little kid do.

"Who wants to visit the park tomorrow?" Dad asked breaking the staring contest that went on between ma and Trixie.

You guys probably missed a whole episode, so Ma and Trixie were arguing about park rule, ma said that the park has rule but Trixie disagreed, that's how the staring contest began.

"Me!" I yelled

"Me too!" Mom yelled

"Me three!" Trixie yelled.

Okay I guess were going to the park then.