Young Wizard

The lightning and the thunder woke up Oliver. He turned to look at the clock and it read twelve in the morning. Using his pillow he covered his head, and tried to go back to sleep.

Screech! Screech! There was something scratching at the window. His eyes followed the sound as the lightning flashed again. Oliver's mouth fell open when he saw a three fingered purple demon scratching at his window.

Oliver jumped up to get a better look, and the creature was gone. In it's place was a tree branch making that sound. Oliver pushed back the brown hair out of his blue eyes. He put his face up against  the window pane trying to see what happened to the creature.

He could see in the forest, behind his house. Not to far away, there was a giant blue glowing leafless tree that was being struck by the lightning. With every strike it gave off tiny blue flakes.

Oliver thought how strange that he had never noticed the tree before. He quickly dressed because fear could no longer hold back curiosity. As he walked down the path, he noticed there was no rain on anything.

He could see some one under the tree gathering up the blue flakes. Oliver hid behind a group of tall bushes and peaked at the stranger. When the hooded stranger turn to gather up more flakes, Oliver recognize that it was the old woman who lived at the back of the forest.

Why was she gathering up the blue flakes so fast? he asked himself. The old woman turned away from Oliver's, then picked up the two baskets full of blue flakes. She hobbled down the forest path spilling a little with each step. Oliver watched until she was gone.

As he walked up under the eerie blue glowing tree, he reached out and touched it with his hand. All his goose bumps now turned in to one big chill that ran down his spine, making him shake.

Oliver reach down and picked up some of the flakes. He was amazed at the blue light it was emitting. Oliver thought that he could use it later so, he ran home and brought back two large trash bags and a dust broom. When the bag were filled he hid them in the back of their old garage. He came back in and went to bed.

Deep down into the underworld, in a giant cavern was a huge palace that looked like a snakes body and the entrance was it's mouth wide open. Arguing could be heard on the outside of the palace.

"Where is he? Gorgal hollered.

Gorgal's the evil overlord in this underground world. He is tall and well built. His blue skin's dotted with battle scars from both the good and the evil sides. Gorgal wears black dragon leather pants and boots with a long black cape. He has two black horns that sprout out of his head when he's angry and now they were showing themselves.

"It must have been a resurrection spell Celesta put on the old Indian statue in town. I swear I destroyed it first," the three fingered purple demon said.

"Demonya come in here and give our friend his just reward," Gorgal hollered.

Demonya is the underworlds first sorceress and can shape shift into anything she wants. She dresses in black sexy lacy clothes and has a child's voice. She drives all the demons wild. It is well known not to become her ex-lover, unless you want to croak. She can shoot flames out of her black finger nail when she mad, which is most of the time. A black leopard walked into Gorgals throne room. It changed into Demonya.

"What can I do for you my master? she asked in her child like voice.

"I need you to give our purple friend here his just reward for not capturing Oliver Stewart," Gorgal growled.

"No that won't be necessary. You can pay me when I bring him in this next time," the purple demon said.

Demonya raised her hands at the purple demon and very hot flames shot out of her black finger tips. The purple demon screamed in pain as the heat from the flames turned him into a pile of purple ashes. Demonya blew out her flaming finger tips.

"You know I never get tired of watching you work," Gorgal said.

A smile found it's unusual place upon Demonya's face as Gorgals evil laugh filled the throne room.

"What's up with the young human?" Demonya asked.

"The red spheres said that I needed to kill him. They didn't say how hard it was going to be," Gorgal answered.

"Do you think the blue magical spheres are protecting him?" she asked.

"Yes they've put a shield around the town of Elgin but that won't save him," Gorgal growled.

(Thank you for your vote.)