47

Naomi "Nana" POV:

Naomi "Nana" POV:

Walking into Essence's Bridal I just knew I would find my dress here.

Essence Robinson is a high end, African American bridal designer, my dream growing up was Kleinfeld but after going there and trying on 30+ dresses I quickly realized they cater to a very specific image and if you don't fit that or pick the styles they want you in they get upset. And what I like about Essence's Bridal Shop is she has ALL types designers, not just one specific race.

Except Randy, he put the consultant in check for not putting me in a mermaid style because she felt "ball gown was fit for me"

"Welcome in too Essence Bridal.... Do you have an appointment or would you like to make one?" The lady at the front desk chirped smiling ear to ear.

"I have an appointment under Naomi Smith for 12:15"

"ahh yes, you can sit right over in our Bridal Lounge and Sariyah will be right with you" She smiled pointing to a ducked off area by the lobby...as we approached I smiled at the cute decor on the walls, and all the pictures of the celebrities in her dresses

"You nervous at all Nana?" Courie questioned rubbing on Riyah's growing belly... she is so cute pregnant.

"Nah I gotta good feeling here" I smiled as a tall brown skin girl made her way towards us.

"Hey everyoneee, im Sariyah and im the bridal consultant im assuming you're the bride, Naomi right?"  She smiled noting me being the only one wearing white to the appointment.

"Yes that's me" I extended my hand and we quickly shook them before she took a step back.

"It's nice too meet you...... who do you have with you?"

"My mom, mother in law, my maid of honor Riyah, and my bridesmaids Sage and Courie" I smiled pointed at each of them. The boys are out with the babies, cause I definitely wasn't going to let them take over my appointment.

"Nice to meet you all... is this your first shop?"

"Well I started at Kleinfelds and I just didn't find anything for me there.. so this will be my second store"

"Okay and what image are you going for in your head?"

"Mermaid, tight fitted with a dramatic bottom... lots of bling and beading I'm not opposed to trying other silhouettes I just prefer mermaid and minimal lace" I laughed shuddering at the thought of looking like a giant doilie at my wedding.

"Is there anything that you all want to see her in that she hasn't mentioned?" Sariyah question turning too my ladies.

"It's her day so whatever she loves we love too" Courie smiled speaking before my mother could even open her mouth.