25

(Continued....)

"Soooo...." Courie started as we all just stood in the kitchen looking at each other. Naomi hasn't come out the bathroom yet.

"Soo how was jail" Courie questioned looking at our pops. I ain't really have much to say, I'm really pissed at them bringing this nigga to my house without saying anything.

"It wasn't allat bad I just missed yall that's it" He smiled looking around at all of us. Bullshit.

"That's bullshit but we'll take it for now" My mother laughed as she rolled her eyes. I guess you could say Ima mamas boy, growing up she was the main parent in my life our pops would come and go and that used to hurt me as a kid.

"Boogs why you do quiet?" Courie questioned shifting the attention too me. I just shrugged hoping Naomi would come out soon, as if on cue I heard the back room door close and her little foot steps were quick but she slowed as she came into view.

Her hair was still semi wet and it was down, bare faced she had on a simple little track suit with some fuzzy socks on.

"Purrrr bestie it's giving housewife" Courie stated as Naomi came into view. She hugged my mom and Courie and dapped up with Chris before making her way by me.

"Who is that?" She whispered in my ear referring to my pops.

"My pops" I stated mentally smacking everybody in they shit cause now I gotta introduce them.

"Pops, this my girl Naomi, Naomi that's my pops"

"Nice to meet you I've heard nothing about you" My pops nodded his head barely looking her way. I could tell by the look on her face she was a little offended but she just chuckled before flipping her long hair.

"Same to you" She rolled her eyes before walking off with Courie and my momma. Chris smacked my pops chest causing him to smack Chris upside the head.

"Ole rude ass" Chris mumbled not even bucking at him again. Couldn't have been me. I woulda rocked his old ass no lie.

"Why you acting like you ain't my son Boogs? Huh? You been acting rea funny lemme find out you an opp"

"Man get this nigga out my house talkin out the side of his neck. I been doin yo dirty work stupid ass nigga now what you ain't finna do is walk up in my crib and disrespect me or my lady so if that's what you on take ya ass back out there and wait on them"

My pops stood there staring at me and I stared at his ugly ass right back. I ain't a lil nigga no more so whatever we gotta do we gotta do.

"I was kidding Boogs gosh you're so uptight" He said in his white man voice he used to do when he was on the spot.

"Cmon let's eat" Naomi stated and as we walked towards the table she stopped all of us.
"Hands, wash em"

"Lil girl who you spe-

"Respectfully sir, Ima need you too tone it down I don't know you but I'm sure you knew my pops, Diabló? Yeah so fix yo tone before speaking to me again" Naomi smiled waving my pops off making me chuckle. His eyes were wide as he looked over at me.

"Diabló's daughter? Nigga you really is my son" He fake cried pulling me into his arms and hugging me. I barely hug my own mother so to be standing in the middle of my kitchen hugging this grown ass man made me feel weird as hell.

I patted his back as he took a step back before motioning me to follow him. We walked out to my balcony and sat down on the chairs I had to put back out here.

"Yo ass mad at me or sum?"He questioned staring off at the city. "I ain't mean to leave y'all how I did I just got caught up in shit" He started.

It's the same shit he says every time. I started to tune him out and would occasionally nod and say yeah.

"Look pops I'm glad you out but it's been awhile since we been round each other it's gon take a minute that's all, still got love for you"

And with that I walked back into the house. I ain't got time today. I really wanna kick all these muthafuckas out my house and be laid up with my woman.

-----

"that chicken was good as a bitch Naomi damn I almost smacked momma" Courie snickered causing my mom to buck at her.

"Yeah this shit is good tho" My pops stated scarfing down his second plate. She made baked and fried chicken, baked Mac n cheese and garlic bread, which kinda threw it off but it was still hitting.

"Thank you"

"Yeah TT Mimi go crazy in the kitchen" Kadence stated licking her fingers. "Mhm this so good" Naveah joined in with a mouthful of food.

As we finished up Naomi and Courie cleared everyone's plates and headed for the kitchen. A knock came at the door causing me to look over at everyone.

"Who the fuck else y'all invite to my shit"

"We ain't invite nobody"

"Only muthafuckas who know where I lay my head at is in this bitch right now so lemme find out" I stood to my feet grabbing my gun and holding it too my side as I checked the peephole. Both my pops and Chris was behind me strapped up, Naomi, Courie and my momma stood off to the side watching the door as Naomi silently instructed the girls to go to the guest room.

Whoever it was, was covering the peephole making my stomach drop. We got kids in this muthafucka.

"Open the door quick then move out the way" My momma whispered. I unlocked the door and quickly moved behind it as Chris and My pops stood in front of it with their guns pointed at whoever it was. They quickly lowered them, with shocked looks on their face. Dishes crashed causing me too look at Naomi and them.

"P-papa? " Naomi's voice cracked as she ran towards the door.

-------------