28.5: Holidays (Ver 2)

A/N:

I have mixed feelings. I planned the Times Square proposal. But it is public. I prefer proposals to be private.

A casual one where you don't even have to ask the question. Just 'when do you want the wedding?'

Or one where you just pop the question because you fell in love with the person again at that moment. When you saw that person smiling at you while the sunlight casts a golden glow at them, making them look gorgeous.

Yea. Those kind of proposals.

There is a kind of intimacy you know?

But I can't bear to give up the Times Square proposal scene. I write scenes based on the characters. And the Times Square proposal scene is only for Jackbum, not for any other couples I would be writing.

So, not being able to choose either one, I decided to write both haha.

Thus, here is another proposal scene. But this, time, it is Jackson proposing. I mean, they can switch.

Here, Jaebeom plans to propose to Jackson in December, asking for permission in Chapter 27, but Jackson beats him to it.

-----

Jackson and Jaebeom would take turns to meet each other during the weekend. Jaebeom would fly to China. The next week, Jackson would fly to New York.

It has been one month since Jackson and Jaebeom met face to face. Finally being able to get a few days off their schedules, Jackson flew to New York. They planned to spend the whole week together.

Exiting the arrival gate, he spotted Jaebeom.

Jaebeom's hair grew longer, curling at the ends. His sleeves are rolled up, revealing his fair skin. His white shirt was slightly translucent, his denim jeans hugged tightly around his legs.

Jackson gulped. The airport was super cold, but Jackson swore it got hotter.

Seeing Jackson, Jaebeom smiled happily.

He quickened his footsteps, wrapping his boyfriend in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much." Jaebeom mumbled.

Jackson chuckled. "I missed you too."

It was rare for Jaebeom to act spoiled. Jackson loved how Jaebeom was acting sooo cute right now.

"Aren't you tired? It is nearly midnight." Jackson asked. Since he would reach late, he told Jaebeom not to pick him up. But Jaebeom came anyway.

"Yeah. But I want to see you sooner." Jaebeom inhaled Jackson's scent. It was a mixture of Jackson's cologne and natural scent.

Jackson's heart fluttered.

"Aww why are you so cute?" Jackson squished Jaebeom's cheeks.

Jaebeom brushed off Jackson's hands, heat creeping up his cheeks.

"Are you hungry? We can get something to eat before going home. If not, we can just go straight home. You must be tired from your long flight."

"Hmm..." Looking around, Jackson spotted a 24/7 McDonalds at the other end of the terminal.

"Let's just get a burger."

-----

"A Quarter pounder with cheese. And a chocolate sundae as well. Take away." Jaebeom told the cashier.

Jackson was standing near the entrance of the eatery with his luggage, not wanting to block the way.

He narrowed his eyes, noticing how the cashier was flirting with Jaebeom.