27. Family

Jaebeom knocked on the door to the Wang residence.

Sophia opened the door. "Jaebeom! Didn't the live broadcast just end a few hours ago?"

"Yes mum. But I wanted to hurry up come see Jackson. I booked the earliest flight available." Jaebeom rubbed the back of his nape.

"You must be tired though." Sophia said worriedly. "He is in the room sleeping. You can take a shower and freshen up first."

Jaebeom nodded. Stepping into Jackson's room, he saw Jackson wrapped in a blanket cocoon. His cheeks were slightly flushed, his lips a luscious red.

Not being able to resist, Jaebeom planted a kiss on Jackson's forehead. After stroking his fluffy hair, he went to the wardrobe to take a few clothes and have a shower.

Coming out of the shower, he towelled dry his hair and was about to put a shirt on when he saw Jackson sitting up in bed.

Jackson's eyes were wide, glued to Jaebeom's washboard abs. His hair stuck out in all directions, his bed hair making him look innocent.

Jaebeom cleared his throat, breaking Jackson out of his daze.

"Like what you see?" Jaebeom smirked.

Jackson dove under the duvet, peeking out slightly as Jaebeom continued to dry his hair.

After drying his hair, Jaebeom put on a shirt, much to Jackson's dismay.

Climbing on the bed, he let Jackson lie on him as he sat against the headboard. Jaebeom caressed Jackson's hair, making him feel sleepy. "Jaebeommie..." Jackson mumbled softly. Seeing Jackson's eyes droop, Jaebeom figured Jackson should sleep.

"Sleep a little more okay? I will cook you some porridge." Although Jackson didn't want to, his body betrayed him.

After making sure that Jackson is asleep, Jaebeom went to the living room.

Visiting Jackson wasn't the only reason he came to China.

He also wanted to ask for Sophia and Ruiji's blessings. He plans to propose to Jackson during Christmas.

"Mum, dad, is it alright if I talk to the both of you for a while?"

"Of course son." Ruiji said. "Give me a while dear." Sophia replied.

After the three were settled on the sofa in the living room, Jaebeom got up and kneeled in front of them.

"Quickly get up Jaebeom!" Sophia said worriedly.

"Mum," Jaebeom looked at Sophia, before looking at Ruiji, "dad."

"I plan to propose to Jackson during Christmas. May I have your permission to marry your son?"

"Of course!" Sophia immediately approved.

Seeing how Ruiji has yet to answer, Sophia glared at him. "Ruiji..."

"Sophia, I don't object. But I don't fully approve at the same time." Ruiji said.

Ruiji looked at Jaebeom.

"People always say that marriage requires more than love. It requires commitment.

And that is true.

Personally, our marriage has been tested by all sorts of challenges. Financial burdens, long distance, setbacks. You name it, we have been through it."

Sophia held Ruiji's hand, Ruiji clasping it gently before continuing.

"Marriage is built brick by brick, day by day, over a lifetime.