01. First sight

4 years ago (2018)

"This is the second day of our university's festival! And you all know what that means. Today is the day for the highlight of the festival!

Artists would be coming to perform!

Do take note that although you might not need to purchase the tickets, you have to have a friend in our university to invite you to the event.

The concert is happening at 6 pm at the Yeonju courtyard. Until then, the list on the line up artists are kept secret. So if you want to find out, join the concert!"

"Jackson! Did you hear what the speaker said? Let's go!" BamBam jumped onto Mark's back, swinging a paper cup.

Mark just laughed at BamBam's antics. The alcohol definitely got to him already.

Jackson pondered for a while. The trio have already visited the many bands, orchestras and dance societies that performed around the campus.

"Come on! We can leave if you find it uninteresting." Mark suggested to Jackson while he tried to prevent BamBam from falling. However, BamBam continued to squirm and wriggle around, making Mark tired. Giving up, Mark dropped him onto the floor.

"Mark!" BamBam whined. Jackson laughed as he pulled BamBam to his feet.

Mark just shrugged in response, a smirk on his face.

A cold gust of wind blew, causing Jackson to shiver. "Alright. Let me grab my hoodie from the dorm and I would meet y'all there."

Mark groaned, pointing at BamBam. "Trying to escape the responsibility of having to take care of this drunk elf huh?"

"How do you know me so well?" Jackson winked, running off before Mark could kick him.

Searching through his wardrobe, Jackson finally decided on a black sweater and olive-green hoodie.

Fiddling with his sweater paws, Jackson walked amidst the crowd trying to find the drunk duo. After nearly twenty minutes, he finally found them.

They were sitting on a picnic mat, food and drinks scattered around. Mark was casually drinking somaek while BamBam was lying on the large pig plushie that the trio had won earlier from one of the stalls.

The concert started with loud cheers as Mamamoo came on stage and performed their newest release. Jackson, Mark and BamBam sang along, using their soju bottles as microphones.

After Mamamoo finished their set, everyone waited for a few minutes before Jessie and Jay Park came on stage. Before that, the curtain was down, covering the stage. When the curtain was raised to reveal the pair, the entire arena went absolutely crazy.

The atmosphere was electrifying. The trio rapped along, shouting at each other at the top of their lungs. Jackson was in awe of the performances as he thinks most of the audience were as well. There was so much emotion in the songs and the way they performed was just incredible.

There were a lot of special moments during the concert. BamBam crying when Twice came out. Mark doing one of those wicked martial art moves because he was so hyped.

But the moment that was most special to Jackson was when he heard that voice.

At that time, Jackson was eating his hamburger when the song "Watermelon Sugar High" started playing. Not thinking too much about it, he continued eating his burger.

But when the singer started singing, Jackson was immediately captivated.

It was the kind of deep voice that is so very easy to fall in love with, that auditory caramel.