04. Found you

When Jaebeom arrived at the red carpet, the paparazzi turned into a frenzy. Their reaction wasn't a surprise though. After all, it was Jaebeom! The youngest ever solo artist to win Song of the Year at the Mnet Asian Music Awards. One of the few Korean artists who collaborated with music gods like Beyonce, Rihanna and John Legend.

With the award show being the first event that Jaebeom is attending since his hiatus started, the paparazzi and fans flocked to the red carpet.

Jaebeom's heart swelled seeing so many of his fans. He recognized some who frequented his fan meets. Shooting a smile towards his fans, he bowed and thanked them for their support.

He stood in front of the cameras for a while to take pictures before stopping by the stage where he would be asked questions by the carpet host.

"Jaebeom! Welcome to the Seoul Music Awards!" The host said enthusiastically. Jaebeom greeted her politely with a smile. "This is the first event that you attended as a music artist since your hiatus. How does it feel?"

"Nostalgic. It feels great to come back and see the people whom I am friends with in the industry. I am also grateful for the continuous support from my fans. It is a pleasant surprise, seeing so many of them earlier when I was walking the red carpet." She nodded understandingly, Jaebeom feeling a bit thankful for having such a kind host for his first interview in a long time.

"Did you come to perform?"

"I'm not performing this year. I'm just a guest. My hiatus hasn't ended yet so until then, I am just looking forward to returning back to the industry slowly."

"We are looking forward to that as well." She gave a warm smile, Jaebeom smiling back.

They exchanged a few more questions before he was guided off the stage. Led into Korea University where the award ceremony was going to be held, Jaebeom wished he brought his camera.

The interior was beautiful. Instead of the usual elaborate set up, they decorated the venue simply. They focused more on accentuating the wine-red seats, polished wooden walls and dim lights. (ref. Who Dat B behind the scenes)

It was starting to get filled with fans and idols taking their seats. Finding his seat, he was about to sit down when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. "Jaebeom hyung!"

Jaebeom turned around and found himself nearly pummelled by an over 180cm-tall giant.

Pulling back, he saw that it was Yugyeom from AOMG agency.

Jay Park heard that Jaebeom specialized in portrait photography and was doing photoshoots during his hiatus. So he begged Jaebeom to help photograph Yugyeom for his comeback. Since him and Jay Park are friends, Jaebeom saw no reason to refuse and agreed to do it. With Yugyeom's warm and goofy personality, by the end of the photoshoot, Yugyeom and Jaebeom became friends.

"Did you grow even taller?" Jaebeom asked incredulously.

"No, but I am still taller than you." Yugyeom smirked, causing Jaebeom to flick his forehead.

"Respect your hyung!"

Yugyeom grimaced, rubbing his forehead. Chuckling at Yugyeom's pout, Jaebeom asked. "Are you performing your comeback?"

"Yep hyung! Be sure to watch me on stage later!"

"Will do. Now go, don't you need to prepare?" Yugyeom glanced at his phone before his face paled.

"My manager is going to kill me!" Yugyeom groaned. Bidding a quick farewell, he hurried off.

"This maknae..." Jaebeom smiled as he sat down, seating at the section closest to the stage.

The lights on the stage lit up, signalling that the music show was about to begin. As the MC stepped out, Jaebeom bent down to pick up the water bottle provided. Sipping his water, he nearly choked on it when he heard the MC speak.

His head shot up and sure enough, it was him.

Jaebeom blinked.

Dressed in a dark blue suit and light brown turtle-neck, he looks stunning. His hair colour has changed, from that ethereal shade of white to a beautiful hazelnut brown. His smile was still gorgeous as ever, leaving Jaebeom breathless.

"Hello everyone! I am Jackson Wang, one of your hosts for the 2022 Seoul Music Awards!"

So he is Jackson Wang. Looking at Jackson excitedly presenting with the other hosts, Jaebeom's gaze softened.