09. Airport

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Beijing Capital International Airport. Local time is 4.30 pm and the temperature is 5°C.

Please proceed through the arrival gate. Should you have any questions, feel free to approach any of the staff. We would be more than happy to assist you."

After going through immigration and showing the necessary documents, Jaebeom went through the arrival gate.

He felt dead. Absolutely dead.

Taking a red-eye flight sucks.

Just then, the intercom sounded.

"We have just received incoming news that we are about to experience a typhoon. Should you require any transport, please approach the information counter and we will attend to you immediately."

At least Jinyoung is going to pick him up. So he doesn't have to worry about the typhoon.

Jinyoung came a few days ahead to interview some people to be part of the documentary crew. As for Jaebeom, he stayed behind to pack his cameras and filming equipment.

Nora was taken care of by Jinyoung's parents. They also had a cat so it wasn't a trouble. In fact, they love Nora so much that they even had a cat bed in their house just for her.

Boarding the elevator, Jaebeom headed to the carpark to meet Jinyoung.

He was about to open the text Jinyoung just sent him when the elevator reached the basement level.

As he exited the elevator, the people behind pushed him. His phone slipped out of his grasp.

It was as if everything was in slow motion. His eyes widened seeing his phone slip through the gap of the elevator.

Could the day get any worse?!

Jaebeom could only sigh. Flopping onto the waiting bench at the entrance, he leaned back against the glass wall.

Well, this wasn't his first time. After the first time, he made sure he kept a backup of everything.

He didn't want to lose his blackmail pictures of Jinyoung again.

Jaebeom made a mental note to buy a new phone so that he can transfer everything from the cloud.

Just then, a Mercedes V-class pulled up beside him. Jinyoung and another man stepped out of the vehicle. Jinyoung's face was full of worry.

"Are you ok? I tried to call you but the call couldn't get through."

Jaebeom laughed tiredly. "I may or may not have dropped my phone down the elevator gap again."

The man's eyes widened. "Woah. I never thought I would meet someone who did it."

Jaebeom cast a questioning look at the man. The man smiled.

"I am Mark. I am the manager of Annie's friend."

"Nice to meet you. I am Jaebeom."

After the exchange of introductions, Jaebeom was about to load the luggage when Mark stepped in to help.

"Let me. You must be tired." Jaebeom smiled gratefully, thanking him.

Climbing into the vehicle, Jaebeom immediately started dozing off.

Jinyoung carefully shifted him so that Jaebeom lay across the second row of seats. Once he was done, he placed a blanket over him.

"He must be really tired huh." Mark chuckled.

Mark started the vehicle, driving to the TEAM WANG building. It was a 40-minute drive so Jaebeom would be able to rest a little.

"Yeah. He and flights are like oil and water." Jinyoung laughed softly.