12. Tours

Waking up, Jackson opened his eyes lazily before closing them again. It was one of the rare times where he could sleep as much as he wants.

Feeling comfortable, he snuggled up to the source of heat. He was about to pull it closer to him when he realised it wasn't an 'it'.

To his surprise, the 'it' was Jaebeom.

Jaebeom was sleeping next to him on the couch. Half of his body was draped across Jaebeom's body.

Slowly, Jackson climbed off Jaebeom. Slowly so as to not wake up Jaebeom of course. Not because he misses that warmth. Nope.

Jackson was about to walk away when he realised that his fingers were intertwined with Jaebeom's.

Heat crept up his cheeks as he tried to pry his fingers away. Pouting when it proved to be difficult.

Jaebeom had held his hand too tightly.

Eventually, he was able to pry his fingers. Bringing a blanket and pillow, Jackson gently lifted Jaebeom's head to place the pillow. After tucking in Jaebeom, he quickly washed up and changed into a comfortable outfit.

Jackson left a post-it on Jaebeom's forehead, telling him that he would be out to buy breakfast.

Giggling at how adorable Jaebeom looked, he took a picture and sent it to the group chat where Mark, Jinyoung and Bambam were in.

Jaebeom was in the groupchat as well but since he lost his phone before he was added, he didn't know.

Well, he would know soon enough. Jinyoung wouldn't miss the chance to tease him.

-----

Jaebeom woke up, feeling empty for some reason.

Feeling something on his forehead, he took it off and read the post-it.

Good morning hyung! I went out to buy breakfast. Will be back around 10.00 am!😊

After reading the post-it, he noticed the blanket on him. Jackson's thoughtfulness causing him to smile.

After washing up, he placed the pillow and blanket neatly in his room before touring the house. Stopping by a closed room, he figured that it was the studio. He was about to walk away when he noticed a sign on it.

JACKSON'S DOMAIN. DO NOT ENTER.

Jaebeom laughed at the sign scrawled in crayon. This must have been from Jackson's childhood.

Tracing the markings, nostalgia seeped into Jaebeom. Memories of him and his family flooding his mind. But this time, it was different. He no longer felt suffocated. Instead, he only felt the love and happiness.

Hearing a car pull up in the driveway, Jaebeom guessed that Jackson was home. Hurrying down the stairs, he spotted Jackson entering.

"Welcome home."

Jackson looked up at Jaebeom in surprise before smiling widely.

Jackson normally returned home to an empty house. Hearing someone greet him made him feel less lonely.

"I got breakfast." Jackson waved the back excitedly.

"Then let me set the plates and cups."

-----

After breakfast, they were washing the dishes when Jackson remembered that he had a few things to do.

"Oh yea. I will be checking the warehouse today so you can just tour the neighbourhood or something."