19. Taking Care

A/N: More of a MarkJin moment in this chapter. Though there is a little Jackbum moment at the end.

-----

Mark cursed. He was stuck in a traffic jam.

Jaebeom had sent him a text saying "SOS" and shared his location. Since Jaebeom did not answer his calls, he was worried something happened. After all, he didn't want to die at the hands of Jackson.

Finally reaching, Mark parked his car. He searched the room numbers, running into the room when he found the correct number.

Only to be greeted by the sight of Jaebeom wrapping Jinyoung in a blanket burrito.

Mark tilted his head, not knowing what he was looking at.

Hearing Jinyoung's growl, he snapped out of his thoughts.

"I need to go somewhere. Jinyoung wants to come but he is sick. Hold him down okay?" Jaebeom said quickly, struggling to keep down the wriggling Jinyoung.

Jaebeom groaned in pain when Jinyoung bit him. For a sick person, he has so much strength. Ugh.

After Mark nodded, Jaebeom immediately rushed out of the room and locked the door.

Seeing that Jinyoung was about to go after Jaebeom, he immediately hugged Jinyoung who was still wrapped in the blanket, restraining him.

"Let. Me. Go." Jinyoung gritted his teeth. He didn't have any more strength so he stopped struggling.

Seeing that Jinyoung was more docile, Mark figured it was safe for him to loosen his hold. He carried burrito Jinyoung from the couch to the bed, princess-style.

Jinyoung felt heat creep up his cheeks. He didn't notice how buff Mark was until now. Mark's biceps flexed as he carried Jinyoung with ease.

"You better not drop me."

Mark grinned cheekily. Holding Jinyoung in his arms, he quickly squat down, as if he was going to drop Jinyoung. Jinyoung let out a yelp, glaring at Mark.

Mark chuckled. "You are sick. I won't do that." After placing Jinyoung gently on the bed, he sat beside him.

"Why are you so eager to go after Jaebeom?"

Jinyoung flinched at the question. Carefully, he explained without mentioning that it was the death anniversary of Jaebeom's parents.

"Jaebeom is going to do something that he has feared to do so for a few years. So, I was kind of worried. It's related to his hiatus so I can't say much. Sorry."

Mark nodded.

Patting Jinyoung's head, he said softly. "If so, I'm sure it took Jaebeom a lot of courage to do whatever he plans to do. So, let's leave it up to him. For now, you should focus on recovering."

Mark walked to the kitchen. It was a studio apartment so Jinyoung could see Mark in the kitchen from his bed.

"You aren't going to ask more?"

Mark shrugged his shoulders. "Well, everyone has their own stuff. I should respect that and not pry."

Jinyoung's eyebrows raised. Everyone asked him about the reason for Jaebeom's hiatus. Even if he didn't say anything.

"Did you take your medicine yet?"

Jinyoung shook his head. Mark looked at Jinyoung, mentally cooing at how Jinyoung looked dazed and sleepy.

Walking to the table, he took the bag of medicine and read the instructions. It said that the medicine was to be taken after eating.

"It's to be taken after you eat. I will get you some food."