18 No peace of mind

ابدأ من البداية

Without answering him,

"Jhonson won't be available tomorrow. That's why I want to finish it today. I will complete the remaining shoot with someone in the afternoon. But I think you will be good in our company album. It will go to only our distributors and dealers... it's not for the public. That's why I ask you" Aman explained.

Khushi thought for a while.

"I can't decide this matter... let me get permission," She said sparing a glance at Arnav.

"Sure... please go on," Aman said.

Arnav was curious to know from whom she is going to get permission. Will she seek his permission or her parents? She came close to Arnav while searching for a number on her phone. She stopped next to him for a few seconds, expecting him to tell her not to do it because she saw him gesturing her through his eyes but Arnav didn't say anything verbally.

So, Khushi moved a little aloof and dialed Ratna.

"Hi, Khushi..."

"Aunty, I need your suggestion"

Ratna raised her brows. Just yesterday, her son fought with her for advising his wife. Now, once again...?

"You can do anything you want Khushi," She said... why risk?

"Aunty, I have not told you anything yet..."

"Oh, sorry... tell me"

Khushi told her the matter.

"is not your husband there?"

"Yeah... here only... "she said looking at Arnav who was stealing her glance again and again.

"Doesn't he show anything on his BEAUTIFUL face?" she asked mockingly.

Khushi chuckled

"Accept it or not... he is beautiful..." Khushi said.

"Ok ok..." Ratna smiled.

"He doesn't want me to do it. I saw him telling me through his eyes..."

"Eyes...? Then you have to do it..." Ratna said in a flow.

"Are you sure?"

"If it is a decent one... and if you wear saree..."

"Of course, aunty..."

"Then go ahead..."

"But, what if any problem occurs?"

"What problem will occur?" Ratna asked.

"He is in this field for many years... he knows about its drawbacks better than us, aunty..."

"But you are not going to become a professional model... you are doing this for your company in which your husband is working... so, no worries..." Even though if any problem occurs, Arnav may help Khushi to get rid of it... that's what Ratna thought.

"Ok aunty... thank you so much"

"See you"

Khushi disconnected the call and came to Aman. No need to say, more than Aman, Arnav was curious to know her decision.

"I asked my aunt's permission and I got it" Khushi smiled,

It was not hard for Arnav to guess who her aunt was. His mother is his first enemy... he thought. What can he do with his mother who is more concerned about her daughter-in-law than her son?

"Thank you so much, Khushi," Aman said happily.

Aman asked the production head to get a costume for Khushi. within half an hour, her dresses are ready. Jhonson smiled, seeing her in saree.

"Yeah... she is looking ravishing..." he said.

"Didn't I say?" Aman smiled.

Of course, Khushi looked ravishing but Arnav was not in the mood to admire her. He didn't want her to become a model because if she clicks an ad, she will get high demand in the modeling field and he felt she will click it.

Khushi finished the photoshoot. As Aman said, the photographs were pretty decent. Of course, Arnav was with Jhonson and checked every snap of Khushi. Damn this girl...! she was indeed gorgeous. Looks extremely gorgeous in a saree. No need to say Arnav was dissatisfied. He thought she won't be repugnant. But, she was not completely wrong... it's his mother who gave her GO AHEAD signal. He fumed.

Khushi got a good payment for the ad shoot that was unexpected. She was happy because she can get her bangles back from the mortgage.

Evening

After office hours, Khushi went straight to the pawnshop to get her bangles back. Keeping her bangles in her bag, she turned with a mild smile, and her smile got vanished, seeing Arnav looking at her with a hair-raising look. she stood for a second, looking at him. Making herself up, she left the place, crossing him, without giving heed to him. Arnav closed his eyes helplessly. He didn't even ask her whether she has money or not. He thought she would have enough money for her expenses. If she doesn't have money, then why the hell she brings provisions and needed vegetables every day...? Or, did she get a mortgage loan only to spend in such a way? She started sharing the expenses only after Ratna advised her. This is not done. Arnav felt her getting distancing... of course, from him. He tightened his jaws and got back home.

He saw Khushi's room door is closed but not locked like always. He waited for her to come but she didn't. So, he went to his room. He wanted to be alone... he never wanted his inner peace to get disturbed. That's why he didn't want to get married...but he got married. As he expected, he lost his peace. Nowadays, his mind and heart don't think of being ALONE. His mind always thought about his wife who is not disturbing him... who is keeping her distance from him... Yet, he was not happy. Don't know why.

To be continued...