Chapter 07 - Prom & Mate

Kai POV

PROM Party....

"Give her a space and time buddy. Then, she will become around your back." Rick said nonchalantly

"Yeah... Thanks man. By the way, why you felt nonchalant about our relation?" I ask him when we are in his car

"Sometime it's the best thing not to follow what you desire. And, I think Moon Goddess had spare you the most reliable and powerful partner than my little sister."

"Why?" I think he hid something from me.

"Simply said, don't judge a book by its cover. I admit, she really has qualified to be Luna. But are you sure, you really know who Trisha Devan true nature?" His lips form a smirk smile.

".... Don't let your eyes, blinding your pure judgement my future Alpha. Now, it's time for you to distance yourself from Trisha and concentrate to find your rightful mate."

"I don't understand what message you try to hint me about?

"Nothing... I just hope you will never reject your mate for my little sister's sake. Just ending your long time relation like it's supposed to be."

"Speak more easily than done it man. Shit, what I suppose to do now. I had dragged the innocence girl into my mess fate."

"Be strong, bud, time will be revealing who your mate?"

Our mate discussion ended when we reach the school parking lot. We cover our faces because tonight theme is masquerade. We also had a guest out from our school and alumnus. The true party purpose is hunting mate, but sex within the school still forbidden.

I socialize with others pack higher ranks. They also use tonight party to hunt their mate. Some already felt the pull, but some still in disappointed. Still not working yet, I thought about my mate.

My wolf starts annoyed by the current situation. While I deeply engrossed with our talk, I sniffle a very sweet refreshing fragrance. Like a bed of roses and morning dew. Totally refreshing my wolf, and me we can be drunk by this scent.

Mate

Mate

Mate

Hurry, follow the scent.

My wolf screams in excite and order me to find our destiny mate. I excuse myself from the group and start follower that scent. An intoxicating scents. The scent always walks around the hall, which fills with people. Annoying

I come closer to strong scents and cover myself when that scent belongs to short, scrawny dude. I scratch my head in disbelief, hopefully this just one of my nightmare. The boy walks around in waiter clothes. I secretly follow his back without his knowing. Because, the mask I can't see his face.

In the resupply room, I'm peeping inside. My heart wants to jump out when he took off his mask. Ralph Meyer... that the dude with an intoxicating scent. A wave of raging sparks inside me. My wolf whimpers because it also anticipates a strong partner to lead our pack together. Why my mate must be that number 1 weakling in our area? He had been bullied not just supernatural creature, but also a human. No... I can't accept this. My dad will surely enrage by this news because our pack are homophobic. Bullshit.

My wolf agrees with me too. I smile because with this, I can resolve my problem with Trisha. Unknowingly, my wolf by instinct had chosen Trisha to be our second mate. When I came back to the dance hall, Rick comes to me. I knew he smirk behind his cover face.

"Did you find your mate?" he whispers beside me.

"More and less." I said with uninterested voice.