○Smoke | Shinichiro x Reader

The young teen with messy black haired trudged through the heavy grey vapor while keeping his two younger siblings by his side. One of his gloved hands stayed planted on his little brother's shoulder since he was closest and his other lifted up to his mask. His mis-matched boots clunking against the earthly ground. The three of them were just kids and yet they had to walk through the post shit show of the latest war.

"Shin.. Where are we gonna go..? " The voice of his younger sister squeaked out, her voice somewhat muffled by the mask she wore over her nose and mouth. "We'll find some place, Emma. I promise. " The older boy comforted before stopping in his tracks once he heard footsteps walking towards the three of them. Almost immediately, he tugged his little siblings behind him and let his black hues look every which way.

"Who's there? Show yourself! " He ordered, showing a dirt ridden dagger while held in his gloved hand, he had no intentions of using it of course. Just to intimidate whoever was there so they would leave him and his siblings alone.

His charcoal orbs widened as the figure of the king begun to appear through the thick smog. "You look like you've been through quite a bit, are you alright? " The older man questioned as the chilly wind blew through his grey hair. "You.. Your the king..! " The boy with short black hair exclaimed as his arms slowly began to lower. "Mm, perhaps I can help the three of you? " The Royal suggested before letting his eyes glance behind him as a young boy with fluffy almost white hair and orchid hues peeked out from behind him. He was another another child that had no true home and was taken in by the kind king.

"May I know your name? "

"It's.. Shinichiro.. This is Manjiro and Emma. "

»»--⍟--««

"There's.. Something I'm missing here. " The now older black haired male mumbled underneath of his breath, his ebony hues glimmering across the floor of his quarters. He had a 'map' of certain bombing areas, placing red ball pins on them. Trying to see how they each connected to one another.

"I think your spending too much time on this, Shin. " The young teen with his blonde bangs pulled back advised, as he poked his head through his oldest brother's bedroom door.

"It's fine, Mikey. Do you need something? " Shinichiro inquired his younger brother as he turned to look at him. "Yeah, gramps wants you to look over the papers for the Royal Court. " The third prince informed causing his eldest brother to absentmindedly nod his head. "Mikey, do you know anything about the Gateway Penitentiary? " The man questioned catching his brother's attention. "Mm, not much, the guys and I don't go over there unless we have reason to. I hear it's supposed to be the most secure prison out of the entire kingdom. "
.
.
.
Shinichiro let the hood of his cloak slightly lift up and he looked at the giant prison ahead of him. He was going to get answers as to why and who was bombing specific areas in his kingdom.

"Could you tell me a bit about inmate #1268? I need to speak with him. " The first prince and heir to the throne questioned as he stood in front for he main guard, who was sat at his desk. "Ah, well that's gonna be a little difficult you see. " The guard let out a breathly chuckle as he looked down at the male. "Difficult? Why's that? " Shin inquired with a confused tone.

"There's been an incident involving him and another inmate. " This made Shinichiro even more confused and albeit a tad curious. "Incident? What sort of incident? Egh.. No matter, I really need to speak with him. It's very important. " The prince waved it off while the man behind the desk glanced to the side. "That's gonna be a bit of an issue. You'll be able to talk with him.. Once he can properly think and talk for himself again. " Shinichiro's black hues widened as he heard the revelation. "There was a tiff between him and another inmate. "

"Who- who exactly assaulted him? "

»»--⍟--««

The heir slowly took a step out of the creeky elevator and looked around. He was in the solitary confinement level.

The sound of someone humming and the noise of the chains rattling entered his ears as he quietly made his way down the extended and dark hallway. Once he finally made it to the cell he was looking for, his ebony orbs looked around the inside until they finally caught onto something.. Or rather, someone. A woman, around his age, with H/C hair and that was laying on the cold and hard bed with a book held in her hands. Except, she had metal cuffs around her wrists that were chained to the wall in front of her so she couldn't go anywhere or do very much.

"Oh~? Did they send me a visitor? Very surprising. " She spoke up as she noticed the male standing in front of her cell.

•Did I reference off of Arcane for this one?
•Yeah-