Exploring & Bitter End

Avery's POV

We all stepped out of the portal onto the Nemesis once we finally got back from buying dinner. It had been hours since we had gone out to get decorations for our rooms and finished decorating them, yet Alyssa hadn't returned. I wasn't too worried about her since she had better experience taking care of herself than anyone else, but I was still nervous. If she wasn't back by tomorrow, I was personally going to go out looking for her. As the portal closed behind us, I surveyed the room to find all of the panthers sleeping on the beds Phoebe had gotten them. We all tip-toed to our rooms so we could eat without waking up the panther family.

"Good night, guys," said Christene as she entered her room. "Good night, and Phoebe?" I called out just before she shut her door. "Yeah?" she asked while peaking her head out of the room to hear me better. "Don't stay up too late working on your projects." She smiled and said, "As long as you don't stay up playing video games." I smirked as I walked into my room and closed the door. 'Yea right, like I'll do that.'

As I walked into my room, I was greeted by my neon green LED lights. In front of me was my gaming set up with a 3 computer set up and my custom-made PC on my long white desk. Mounted on the wall was my 70' TV that I used to watch Netflix and Hulu with. My green triangle lights surrounded the TV with my game systems mounted on the wall that separated one side of my room from the other. On the other side of the wall, the incomplete wall that was holding up my game consoles was my dojo, where I train with and store my weapons. My sliding glass doors separated the two areas. On the wall opposite the sliding glass doors, were the shelves where I kept my different games for my consoles. The consoles I had consisted of an Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Gamecube, Wii, and the Wii U. I also had my posters and game merch covering up that wall. My bathroom was attached to the dojo and it had a walk-in closet attached to it.

 My bathroom was attached to the dojo and it had a walk-in closet attached to it

My bed was queen-sized and had a black background with a neon green controller and coding symbols surrounding it and matching pillows to top it off

My bed was queen-sized and had a black background with a neon green controller and coding symbols surrounding it and matching pillows to top it off. Above the bed, were shelves that contained my bow and the quiver of arrows that I typically took with me on our missions. I had a gun always tucked under my pillow in case anyone tried to catch me by surprise. I highly doubt that anyone's going to get on an alien warship and make it to my room undetected, but old habits die hard I guess. I also had a bag packed with clothes in case this ship gets taken down, or we need to leave in a hurry for whatever reason. You never know what could happen, so it's good to be prepared.

I turned on my TV to watch Netflix and started scrolling through different shows to watch

I turned on my TV to watch Netflix and started scrolling through different shows to watch. I ended up picking Camp Cretaceous because c'mon, it's dinosaurs, who doesn't love dinosaurs? While enjoying my burrito, I watched a few episodes, but I started zoning out. I'm currently on an alien spaceship, and I haven't explored it? I'm slacking off. I got up, paused the TV, and got dressed in some dark colors. I wore black leggings, a dark grey sleeveless shirt, and some black converse, and put my hair up in a ponytail before I left the room to do some exploring. Since I was only exploring, I just brought some daggers for protection.

I quietly closed my door and used the fire pole and slid down to the bottom floor. I peeked into the living room to find the panthers all cuddling together on the giant bed we got them. I smiled and carefully snuck past them to make sure none would wake up before I opened the human-sized door we installed. I took a quick peek in the hallway to make sure no Vehicons were there and only walked out when I made sure no one was coming. After I quietly shut the door behind me, I quickly got my hoverboard out and activated the footholds before I took off down the hallway.

The white lights only provided so much light since the dark materials of the hallways made the lights look light purple. The only benefit of this was that if I was quiet enough, I could pass by cons without them noticing. As I zipped through the hallways, I mapped out the ship in case any emergencies came up, and I made sure to listen for any Vehicons patrolling. I slowed as I heard four pairs of footsteps coming down the hallway. I got off my hoverboard and hid behind one of the pillars attached to the walls. As the footsteps grew closer, I could make out what the vehicons were saying. 

"-scream was taken down by a human?" One of them questioned.

 "Quiet 573V3, who knows how close he is," whispered another. 

"Oh please, after the embarrassment he faced, he wouldn't show his face nearby, M1ch341," said the third vehicon. 

"The only thing we should be worrying about is the humans right now, 311j4h. With how quickly one of them was able to take out the Commander, just imagine what all four of them could do," said the last vehicon.

"What's the possibility the humans are listening to this very conversation?"

 "Their probably recharging as we speak, 011v3r, so we have nothing to worry about," 311j4h confidently stated.

'Damn, now with that attitude, I just have to knock him off his high horse.' I thought. So I did something stupid.

And stepped out into the open.

"Are you sure about that boys?"

All the vehicons screamed and backed away from my now visible body. 

I chuckled. "Now if I didn't know any better, I would say you're all making fun of your commander."  573v3 opened his mouth to reply, but I didn't let him. "Good thing I know better," I smirked as I saw all of them relax slightly.  "Nice to meet you four, my name's Avery. If I were you guys, I'd be more careful. You never know who's listening in or watching you. Especially with Soundwave being known as the surveillance chief. I have a feeling he didn't earn that title by slacking off." With that as my final words, I walked off down another hall. 'I hope they don't get into too much trouble. They were such nice company.'

My scouting of the warship led me to a dark hallway away from vehicon patrols. 'Why not go down the creepy dark inconspicuous hallway? Not like anyone died doing this.' So, despite my gut feeling, I walked into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I haven't updated this story in a while and I wish to apologize to everyone who genuinely enjoyed it. Rereading this has made me realize how horrible my writing was (and maybe still is) but I've realized this isn't how I wanted this story to go. I feel I've drifted too far from the characters' personalities and it feels like I've just created entirely new characters instead of the ones from the show. Because of this, I'm going to rewrite this story. I just wanted to finish this last chapter I made before I started rewriting. I hope you all enjoyed this book and I will leave this story because a few of you seem to enjoy rereading it.

Hopefully, I'll see you in the new story.

:)