Protect the Young

WARNING: There will be alcohol, gore, and violence in this chapter. I put markers for where the violence starts and where the violence ends. Most of the gory stuff will be in the violence section, besides a few scrapes. Read at your own risk.

~Alyssa's POV~

Should I have run out of the classroom? Probably not. Would regret it later? Most definitely, but I was annoyed at the school. 

I ran out of the school in a rush to just forget everything. I didn't care who was calling my name trying to get me back to class. I didn't care how much trouble I would be in. I just ran and ran. I pushed open the front doors of the school and bolted. I heard horns honking and some people yelling, but I didn't care. I just needed to getaway. Too much had happened in less than 48 hours. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did. I won't ever admit it out loud, but I'm happy Vince made me lash out. I needed to let my emotions out otherwise I would have left them bottled up.

My thoughts were interrupted when my foot got caught on a rock, and I tripped. I had enough time to change my fall from my face to back, but I ended up landing on my ass. 'Damn, good thing no one saw that.' I thought. I ended up tripping into an alley, so I got up and brushed off any dust I got on me. I was about to leave the alley when I heard some people laughing and an animal whimpering. I immediately ran to the sound and saw people holding knives and beer bottles while stomping on something and kicking it. I heard the whimpering again from my left and I turned to see two garbage cans. I saw two pairs of eyes looking back at me. One was a beautiful light green by the pupil with a light brown around the outer parts of the iris. The other was a beautiful turquoise. I looked closer at the figure and realized they were both panthers. The green eyes belonged to the older cat while the blue eyes belonged to the kitten.

 The green eyes belonged to the older cat while the blue eyes belonged to the kitten

"Hey, you!" I turned to the voice and saw the group of people stomping earlier looking at me. "What are you doing back here? This is our territory." One of the guys said. I quickly surveyed the group in front of me. There were a total of 8 people, 5 males with 3 females. The guy who was talking to me was most likely the leader from the way he was looking at me like he was trying to intimidate me. Wait, is that lust I see in his eyes? Ew. From the looks the girls were giving me, I could tell they were jealous and didn't like me one bit. The other guys were also looking at my body, but one of them was looking directly into my eyes. He was smarter than the others which were going to be a problem. I then looked to what was behind them and what I saw broke my heart. There was another panther who was larger than the adult one from before, but it was laying down with wounds all over its body. 

That was when I snapped.

~~~Violence Ahead~~~ (keep scrolling if uncomfortable)

The leader was closer to me, so I decided to deal with him first. I ran up to him and pushed my heel into his foot. He's just lucky I was wearing converse and not heels, otherwise, he would have a hole in his foot. He yelped in pain, and he tried to hit me. I ducked, came up behind him, and squeezed a pressure point in his neck to make him fall asleep. One of the guys tried to fight me while another one was behind me, but I quickly flipped on the shoulders of the guy in front of me. I hit the guy behind me with my feet as I flipped this knocked him back and I'm pretty sure I made him bite his tongue, so now that's bleeding.

I elbowed the guy I flipped off of and used a hidden knife of mine to cut his Achilles tendon in his right foot, so he couldn't walk. He screamed in pain and fell to the ground holding his foot. I then felt someone grabbing my hair, and they pushed me to the wall. 'I swear I have to stop getting distracted in these fights.' I thought. I stopped my head before it gained a concussion from hitting the wall, and turned around to see who pushed me. All three girls were there while I saw the two remaining guys going for the panthers behind the trash cans. I could see the adult panther looking at me and then the kitten as if deciding what it should do. That's when I knew the panther was a mother and that kitten was hers, which meant the injured one was the father.

"You know you guys really disgust me. What time of narcissistic bastards hurt innocent animals?"

The girls in front of me started laughing which was just what I was hoping for. I ran up to the closest one and push my palm up her nose, effectively breaking it. She shrieked, but I quickly grabbed her and threw her at the other two girls. The other guys looked at the girls to see what was happening, which gave the mother panther the perfect opportunity to lunge at them. She grabbed a guy by his neck and crushed his windpipe. The smart guy I was worried about quickly lunged for her cub as the panther killed the other guy, and held it up by its scruff with a knife to its body. 

The mother started growling at the guy while circling him, looking for the smallest amount of hesitance so she could pounce. She didn't get the chance because I quickly whipped out my gun and put a bullet between his eyes before he could hurt the kitten. I caught the kitten before it fell and held it close to my heart. I then put the kitten on the floor next to his mother and watched as she groomed her baby before I got to work. I quickly gathered the bodies together, gagged the ones still alive, and lit them on fire. I had to make sure no evidence remained, so no one could track this back to me or the girls. 

~~~Violence zone ends~~~

I ran up to the injured father panther. He looked at me closely as I inspected him. He had some cuts over his body, with his left back leg with a really deep cut. That was probably why he hadn't gotten up to fight. I looked at his neck and saw a cut there. I looked closer and realized how lucky he was. Just a bit lower, and he would have bled out. I laughed and got up to look for bandages. I didn't find any, but I still had my small backpack with me that had some gauze and cotton that was meant for in case I needed to rebandage my wound. 

I picked up an alcohol bottle that one of the thugs had, and poured them over his major wounds, which were on his neck, tail, and left hind leg. He growled in protest, but let me work. I made sure all the bandages were secure and not too tight before I slowly helped him get to his feet. The mother and father started nuzzling each other while the kitten took an interest in me. I looked at the mother and realized how skinny she was. I knew I couldn't leave them alone, so I decided to take them to my house. 

I grabbed my phone while I pet the kitten who was in my lap, and I activated my truck on autopilot with my location as its destination. A few minutes later, my truck arrived at the front of the alleyway.

Once the truck pulled up, the two adult panthers went on the defense and attempted to shield me and their kitten

Once the truck pulled up, the two adult panthers went on the defense and attempted to shield me and their kitten. I gently started petting them and they both looked at me with a confused look in their eyes. I got up with the kitten with the parents following, and I opened the door to the driver's side. The parents looked cautious, but they knew they could trust me, so they didn't freak out when I put the cub in the passenger seat. I opened the back doors and motioned the adults to get in. The father went first to test if it was safe and immediately sprawled across the back seats. The mother climbed in and also immediately relaxed against the comfortable seats. I made sure the parents had no body parts sticking out before I shut the door.

I climbed into the truck and put the kitten on my lap before I took off towards the house. After a few minutes, I received a text and immediately turned my car around to head towards the location given.