Sleepover part 3 (Truth or Dare)

~~~Alyssa's POV~~~

Crocodiles are known to be more aggressive than alligators, and they have bigger snouts than their look-alikes. I knew if we all were to survive uninjured, that I would need to act fast. Raf and Phoebe were the safest because they were in a high, hard-to-reach place. I was mostly worried for Miko because of her tendency to not think before she acts. She was also in the water which was an advantage for the crocodiles. I also didn't know how many there were nearby so I had to be quick. I quickly climbed on top of the water to try and see where everyone was. Christene was already inside along with Avery and all three of the panthers, which I was grateful for, but I couldn't see Jack anywhere. I would deal with him once I got to Miko. 

I quickly grabbed a rock for a diversion and threw it away from the pool and gazebo. The crocodiles, which I now know there were 5, all ran to the rock. I signaled to phoebe for her and Raf to get inside the house. She nodded, picked Raf up, and sprinted to the backyard door. While the crocodiles were distracted I quickly entered the grotto. 

"Miko!" I whisper-shouted. "Alyssa? What the heck is going on? I thought I heard someone yell crocodile. Please tell me they were joking." she said. "I wish I could say they were Miko, but they weren't lying. We need to get out of here while we still can. Crocodiles are much faster than us in water, and I would like to have a chance to survive." I peeked my head out of the grotto and saw three of the crocodiles still by the rock I threw. I couldn't see the other two which was a big problem. I turned back to Miko and said, "Ok, here's the plan. I will go outside and distract them. Your job is to run to the back door and get inside as quickly as you can. Whatever happens, don't stop running." Miko grabbed my arm before I left. "I know I can't stop you because you're too stubborn, but be careful. I don't need my best friend getting hurt."

I smiled, nodded, and quietly creeped out of the grotto. I climbed to the top of the grotto and yelled, "Hey uglies! You want a real hunt, then come and get me!" I took off towards a group of palm trees away from the house with many footsteps following me. Three were behind me, but I still had no idea where the other two were. One jumped at me from the right, but I quickly dodged it. Well, there's number four. Where is the fifth one? The four were gaining on me, so I quickly backflipped off a palm tree and ended up behind them. I tried looking for Jack while I ran to the glass door, but I couldn't find him. 'I really hope he's safe!' I thought. I saw the door. I was so close, but then I saw the fifth crocodile. It was in front of the doors, and it was preparing to jump at me. It launched its body at me. I squinted my eyes and slid underneath it. It ran into the other four crocodiles chasing me and threw all of them off course. I quickly got up, ran to the door, and rushed inside.

I was immediately pulled into a giant group hug. "Wait, have any of you guys seen Jack out there?" I asked. They all shook their heads. I ran to the living room to see if I could spot him from a new vantage point, and the others followed me. We couldn't see him anywhere. I got up. "I'm going back out there for him." The others looked at me like I was crazy, but Christene spoke up first. "Alyssa, it's a miracle you survived five of them without any injuries, but there's no guarantee you'll survive if you go back out." 

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Christene. It's too dangerous," said Avery.

"Guys, at least I can defend myself. Jack is still out there and he's stuck with no defense. I'm not gonna leave him out there alone." I started walking towards the dining room but stopped when I heard a door open.

I looked up to the second floor to see Jack walking out of the bathroom. We all stared at him. He came downstairs, saw us, and said, "Wow, I guess Avery is good at hide-and-seek. I can't believe she found you guys so quickly. I had to go to the bathroom, so I was kinda cheating. Sorry about that." Miko and Raf ran up to him and hugged him.