A Visit

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. I just wanna say, I'm sorry for the disappearance. With school right around the corner, things have been stressful. I thank everyone who has read, voted, and commented on this book. I didn't think I would get this far. This chapter is dedicated to @nicki2024 for being the first person to vote on this book. Thank you so much! And enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was rudely awoken by the sound of an alarm blasting through my small room. I quickly got up and moved to the plain white closet. I opened the door while the alarm was still blaring, and picked out an outfit that was identical to a few others in the closet. I pulled the black tank top over my head and put on the grey sweatpants with black cut-offs just below my knees. I went to the mirror that was right next to my bed on the left side. I pulled my shoulder-length black hair into a small ponytail. I then pulled my black fingerless gloves over my hand and put on my black open-toe yoga socks that stopped at my ankle. I knew I was taking a while, so I quickly made my bed and looked around the room to make sure everything was put away.

The room was all white, including the furniture, and was small. There was a small twin bed in the middle with a mirror to the left of it on the wall's far side. The closet was on the right wall right. There was a small nightstand on the right of my bed that was 3 feet away from the closet. 3 of my feet anyway. Once I made sure everything was neatly put away, I hurried out the door. The long white halls still brought fear to my heart, but I was already used to it with how long I've lived here. It just didn't make it less scary. I walked past a window but quickly went back into it. 

I looked in and saw my sister, who was a year older, in a bright pink room surrounded by stuffed animals and playing with her dolls. Her room was much more spacious than mine and it even had a window to see the outside. I watched her playing by herself for a bit before she turned to face me. She had the same hair color as me, but she had dark brown eyes. Those dark eyes narrowed when they saw me, but before either of us could say anything, I was yanked back by a hand on my shoulder and quickly dragged to where I was supposed to go. 

I knew I was in trouble, but I knew struggling would be worse, so I just followed the hand willingly. 'Why couldn't I have toys?' I thought. 'Even just one. I didn't care how dirty or damaged it was because it would be mine.' We arrived at the training room and I was thrown to the floor, but I did a front flip and landed in a criss-cross like I was supposed to. The instructor nodded, which was as much praise I would get, and said, "Your parents will see your practice today. Show them what I taught you." I nodded and quickly got in a defensive stance as holograms started charging at me. 

I dodge a kick from one of them and punched another in the rib. I backflipped as another tried to break my nose. I landed gracefully and kicked one in the back of the knee. This caused them to fall over, and I used their back as a step to jump and kick the second hologram in the face. They were sent flying back as the third hologram put me in a chokehold, but before they could adjust their grip to better fit my small head, I elbowed them in the gut. They fell and I kneed them in the face. They fell on their back, but before I could "kill them" I was yanked back by my hair by the first one. I used my small size to my advantage and filled off of them while I broke their nose with my palm. 

////ENDING SIMULATION////

I panted as I allowed my body a quick break. I looked up to the balcony and saw my parents with small smiles on their faces. I almost smiled at the thought that I made them proud, but my thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pain in my Achilles' tendons. I grunted as I fell to my knees, but I refused to cry. I looked up to my parents who nodded in approval. Everyone then left 4-year-old me in the training room to deal with my punishment.