First Day

~Alyssa POV~

Waking up at the crack of dawn is annoying, but I have to make sure I'm in tip-top shape. Because today is the first day of school for us, I have to show people not to mess with us. I sparred with a hologram for an hour then went to the shower. When I got out, Avery and Christene were already in the kitchen.

"Good morning ladies," I said.

"Well, someone's up early," Christene said.

"I'm surprised your even awake early, Christene."

"Rude. I don't always stay up racing early."

"Ya right quit lying. Anyways, Alyssa, what were you doing waking up so early?" said Avery.

" I had to make sure I was prepared for whatever happened today."

"Wow, what are you gonna do, beat up the first kid who looks at you?" asked Christene.

" I have to prove we are not to be messed with," I said. "Plus I'm annoyed I had to wake up early in the first place."

"Oof, I pity whoever makes you mad."

"Me too, even though I'm the better-skilled fighter, you are a close second-best, Alyssa."

"Anyways, where's Phoebe?" I asked. "Wait, why am I even asking? I'll go get her."

I walked out of our kitchen and went to Phoebe's room. Her room contains a small bed in the left corner of the room, with a corner desk taking up the rest of the area. She has a bookshelf in the corner of the room with books on technology and robotics. She was huddled up in a ball on her bed with her blankets surrounding her.

'I hate to disturb her, but she needs to get up.' I thought. "Wake up Phoebe, we have school," I said. "I will pour water on your work if you're not dressed in 5 minutes." I left the room and started a stopwatch. 2 minutes and 57 seconds later she ran into the kitchen. "I'm ready."

"Alright, then we can go now."

"I don't see why you two like skipping breakfast, Alyssa and Phoebe," said Avery.

"We don't see a point in Breakfast. Now are taking the car or our hoverboards?" I asked.

" Why not both?"

"Alright, Phoebe and Avery, y'all better not get lost," I said.

"What do you mean? We are gonna get there faster than you guys."

"I'm always up for a race," Christene says.

"Alright, losers pay for lunch."

"3"

"2"

"1"

"GO!"

Avery and Phoebe took off on their hoverboards toward the school. Christene was about to follow them, but I stopped her.

"Why'd you stop them? I need free lunch. Plus it's a race, my specialty. I need to win this."

"I know you do which is why you should go this way. It's longer, but there's no traffic and

we can beat them there."

"Alright, boss."

We took the longer and more scenic route. I have to say, Jasper, Nevada was a nice quiet place to live. The sand was kind of annoying, but it was a nice peaceful city. I almost felt bad about all the trouble we were gonna cause for this place. Almost. We pulled up to Memorial High school a few minutes later and parked Christene's car. As we got out of the car, I saw people staring at her car. Christene's car was an SSC tuatara. It is a sport's car and the fastest car on the market. I'm happy she finally has a car that can put up with her need for speed.

	A few seconds later Avery and Phoebe pulled up to the school

A few seconds later Avery and Phoebe pulled up to the school. They hopped off their hoverboards and started walking towards us.

"Aww, man. I was sure my new hoverboards would beat you guys. Damn traffic! We would have made it if it weren't for that."

I started laughing with Christene. "Man, if only you guys studied the layout of this city before we moved here as I did."

"Honestly, I'm no longer surprised. I'm just upset I realize you did that," said Phoebe.

We started to walk towards the school while chatting when an orange-haired guy stopped us.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"Me and my friends could show you guys how to have a fun time if you let us," he smirked.

I went up close to him, put my hand on his chest, and made sure I looked like I was blushing. "Oh, yea~ and what did you have in mind hot stuff."

I heard gasps from the crowd surrounding us and I thought 'Perfect!' My girls knew what I was doing and made sure to stay behind me. He leaned in to kiss me with his eyes closed, but I quickly threw a right hook to his cheek. He grunted and fell to the ground holding his cheek.

"You Bitch!" he shouted.

"Judging from the way you addressed me and my crew, you were expecting to exploit us," I said. "Your posture gave off arrogance and stupidity. You leaned more on your right side, so I knew if I needed to unbalance you, I would need to apply more force on the side with less weight. And judging by everyone's faces, no one has ever stood up to you successfully before."

I looked him dead in the eye and said, "If you ever try to exploit me and my crew again, I will personally end you."

We walked towards the crowd and it parted for us. I gave everyone a friendly smile and a wave as we walked past. Little did I know there were three aliens along with their charges who watched the whole thing.