Chapter XXXVIII ~ Thonia

Beginne am Anfang

I nodded. "Be back before ten ended.

Jude glared at me. "Before ten o'clock."

"But ten forty-five is still ten." I raised a brow to prove my point. Josh held my arm and I saw a flicker of his hidden laughter. I thought Jude would argue more or say I go back to my room, but instead, he simply shook his head, defeated. "Just go home safely."

"I will." I smiled.

He nodded at Josh in acknowledgement. "Take good care," he said and somewhat smiled. Josh and I stepped out the house when he said something before fully closing the door. "Ten," he repeated and grinned.

Josh opened the car door for me. I remembered it was the same car he'd brought to Nikki's birthday and our first-first date. This time, he'll use it for our second date and first date as a real couple. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"We'll eat." He said and went to the other side of the car. He started the engine and drove away.

"Is that what we'll only do?" I turned the radio on and searched for a good station.

"Nope, we'll watch a movie later."

"Movie?" I focused glanced at him.

"Yes. Your choice." He glanced at me for a split second then went back to the road. "But let's talk about what we'll do now. Save it for the last."

That made me curious what was he planning? "I don't know any new movies this month."

"Later." Josh grinned and pointed to the glove compartment. "There are albums there, if you want."

I checked it and found several albums. His parents were music lovers that's why you could find albums in every car. "You look very much like your father."

"Very much?" he asked.

"Yeah, very." I laughed.

He stopped the car because of traffic, that gave him a chance to look at me. "Is that something to be laughing about?"

I cut my laughter and pursed my lips. "It's just so cute." The traffic moved so he also cut his stare at me.

"You know," I said and played with the ring on my neck. "I get that a lot." I smiled because he turned to me. "Sometimes they said I looked very much like my parents but other times they said I wasn't. It was a big deal when I was a kid since Jude and Jack already had their look-alike. I felt left out."

"Who were 'they'?" he asked without looking.

"Relatives, neighbors, other people." I chuckled. "Honestly, who do you think I look like?"

He stopped because of traffic again and leaned forward to stare at me. "Hmm," he hummed. "It doesn't matter, you're beautiful. That's all." He grinned and went back to his driving position. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. It was a serious question but he made me blush because of his compliment.

He parked the car and we went in the mall. I opened my black sling bag for the security check in the entrance. After that, he walked beside me; our hands brushed but no one took the initiative to interlace them. We went to the mall several times, we held hands several times, now what was happening?!

We passed the food lane of the mall where different restaurants and fast-food chains lined the massive aisle. I tried to ignore how I hated him and myself for not joining our hands or speaking. Was he thinking the same?

To end the bizarre air, I pointed to a Korean Restaurant my family and I used to go. "Are you into Korean?"

Joshua looked at me like I said a corny joke and shook his head very fast. "I'm done with exotic food." I suddenly wanted to know why, I might ask him later.