Chapter 37: Until death tears us apart

3rd POV

Blood splashed everywhere in the hospital room. Not a word could be heard, not a scream. A blade raised in the air like it just finished a strike.

Everyone in the room had a look of shock. Everyone but Kokushibo, who still had an emotionless face.

The look of shock changed to a face full of tears. Miya and Fuka were crying. But the tears weren't ones of sadness but ones of relief. Miya was still shocked that she didn't feel the blade leaving her arms, even though she was gripping it with all her might.

The blade raised in the air wasn't Kokushibo's one, this one was as red as the sun in all its glory. With his radiant red hair and red eyes, the holder glared at the upper moon, who just lost his entire arm.

Kie" I-Ikki."

Was the only word she could mutter as her son was standing before her. Ikki didn't respond, still glaring at Kokushibo. The red hair boy had now his blade near the throat of the moon.

Kokushibo" I didn't think you would wake up this early."

Ikki" I didn't think either but here I am."

Kokushibo" It's a little cliché to wake up like a savior don't you think?"

Ikki" I don't care. Why would you try to take me away when you wanted a fight at full power?"

Kokushibo" I only wanted to fight as soon as you woke up. The white lady was standing in my way."

Ikki brought his blade closer to his uncle's throat, which was now touching it, but not a tray of blood could be seen.

Ikki" You got a lot of nerve to try that before me. I should kill you right now."

Kokushibo" Even if you wanted, you wouldn't be able to. Not with these injuries."

Ikki" What injuries?"

The bandages that Ikki was wearing have fallen when he moved at high speed to cut Kokushibo's arm, so now everyone could see that his injuries.....have completely healed.

Miya, Kie, and Fuka all looked shocked at this sight. Kie and Fuka knew that he had a greater healing factor than normal humans but this was way too fast.

Kokushibo" I see...Our family blood is really strong."

Ikki" Indeed."

Kokushibo" Our fight is coming. You won't be able to escape it. You know where to find me."

With those final words, he vanished from the room. Ikki relaxed his body but was immediately tackled to the ground by his mother, crying.

Kie" You had me so worried."

Her words were muffled from the tears and the fact that she has buried her face in his chest. He simply smiled and patted his mom's head with his right hand, hugging her with his left arm.

Ikki" I'm sorry."

Soon, Fuka and Miya joined the hug too. After some time, all got up and Ikki asked what was happening. Kie informed him of everything. He was worried. Worried for his friends and future wife but he had to trust them. He trusted them not to die.

Fuka" What are you going to do?"

Ikki" First of all, I need my uniform. I have a sparring one at our house. You guys stay there."

Miya" But-"

Ikki" It wasn't a request but an order."

He said in a cold tone. All were taken back but understood that it was for their safety. Ikki put on the clothes that Kie had brought with her. Before leaving he patted Miya's head.