Epilogue - Part Two

"I'm the lead cast member for a new television show and we're looking for someone to fill a role that would be perfectly suited to you." Danielle beams with hope. Waiting for a response.

"Are you hearing yourself?" Stefania bitterly wonders over to the window. Staring blankly at the foot-traffic below. People still strolling in and out of the picturesque venue. Tumbling over their feet with a tipsy stance of joy. Attempting to avoid any eye-contact with the blonde at all costs. Still unable to fathom the current situation and her sudden appearance to the wedding. "I can't just drop everything because you've ask me to..."

"I know..." Danielle paces behind her ex-girlfriend. Wondering up and down with caution; biting her fingernails with anxiety. Chipping away at the pastel pink nail polish. The tension in the room shifting back to frustration and anger. "I just thought—"

"—That you could make it right?" Stefania interjects while frowning her eyebrows. Noticing the contrast of the happiness erupting downstairs and the animosity in this bedroom. Hearing the screams of laughter in the background of their bitterness. Tensing the muscles in her neck from the claustrophobic situation; stopping her from taking a full and satisfying breathe. "Danielle, there is so much more that we need to talk through..."

"So... let's talk, properly?" The blonde flutters the question in the air. Insisting the brunette to turn around again, meeting her body in the middle of the guest bedroom. "Listen, I'm here for the next three days. Maybe we could talk over coffee tomorrow?"

"I guess we could do that." Stefania sighs, reluctantly agreeing but also considering on bailing on the situation entirely. She didn't owe anything to Danielle. Pushing past the blonde with a sad smile. Heading back downstairs to rejoin the bubbling party. Finding a quiet corner to re-catch her breathe and take a moment to think. Was she crazy to be even thinking about following the blonde back? Could she really just leave her life behind? Many of these questions still needed answering. Replaying each scenario and outcome in her head to examine all possible consequences.

Danielle on the other hand, remained solely in the bedroom as she runs her hands through her own hair in contemplation. The blonde knew deep down that she had to mend what was broken between them. It wasn't going to be easy. However, it was the only thing occupying her mind. Was she right to have asked that specific question to the brunette? Was it in her best intentions or was she just being selfish? She sits a while longer with her emotions swirling around in her brain. Joining the crowded room once again downstairs and making small talk with some of her previous colleagues. Most of them wanting to take pictures with the celebrity. Faking each smile as the flashes on the cameras blinks fiercely.

Stefania stares off into space. Feeling slightly numb as she crosses her legs in a plastic chair besides the dance floor. Admiring the married couple dancing in the middle of the room. A slight sting of jealously as a love as strong as theirs was all she had ever dreamed of since being a little girl. They swayed softly in unison, dancing in time with the beat of the music. Separating herself from her husband as the music comes to a gentle and graceful stop. Kissing her husband on the cheek, before walking off to the side with her heels in her hand. Limping from the soreness in her toes.

"Roomie! Long time no see." Barrett smiles gleefully. Planting herself on the seat next to the brunette. Bumping her shoulder against her former roommate. "I'm glad you could make it. How are you holding up?"

"Well... I think I should start by saying congratulations! You and Austin make a beautiful couple and the ceremony was gorgeous." Stefania genuinely smiles, proud of how far her roommate has come. Remembering their drunken confessions late at night. Lounging on their sofa with a bottle of vodka in hand, red cups scattered along the carpet, smelling strongly of alcohol. "I am actually a little flustered. Me and Danielle just had a conversation upstairs in the bedroom..."