Chapter Four

Undefinable screams are to be heard during the howling night, ripping through the night sky. blood dripping down from her eyelids and onto her hands. Shattered glass swimming across the dashboard. She's still alive but barely breathing. Focusing on the beat of her heart. Heavy pounding like the sound of drums which are shaking her brain from left to right. Could anyone even see her? Hear her?

Rain seeping in through the broken windows of the car, filling up the car like a swimming pool. Another scream rips through her body. Mustering up the energy she had left to scream once more. Until finally her airways gave up. Her lungs tightening with every breathe. Gasping for air. Why isn't anyone helping her?

Stefania hears whimpering coming from the next room, an unsettled sound, so she draped her dressing gown across her shoulder, barefoot walking through the darkness of the hallway. Peering through the crack of the blondes door; wondering if she is okay. Noticing her body aggressively tossing and turning. Almost shaking with fear. Teardrops staining the pillowcase beneath her and heavy breathing.

Paramedics finally arrive on the scene, but not running to the aid of the blonde trapped in a crushed vehicle. Sirens continuing to echo down the motorway. People running back and forth while she dips in and out of consciousness. Raising her hands for help, but failing as fatigue wins the fight. Finally a soft-spoken voice comes into range...

"Danielle, wake up-" The brunette places a weary but reassuring hand on the blondes shoulder. "I think you are having a nightmare," Clearing her dry and scratchy throat, attempting to raise the volume of her voice, hoping she will arise from the terrifying nightmare.

The sleeping girl shift again, flinching at the feel of something on her shoulder, which then startles her back into reality. Opening her eyes abruptly. Noticing the Italian towering over her body - now rubbing her eyes softly. Drying them from the crying. "I am so so sorry-" The blonde sits up against the headboard, sighing in relief that it was just a dream, erasing the memory of the nightmare from her brain. "I didn't mean to wake you, you can go back to sleep now?"

"Don't be silly. Is there anything I can do?" The brunette sits on the edge of the bed, running a hand over the duvet, placing it cautiously to the side of Danielle's hips. Connecting with her beautiful, wide ocean eyes which glint in the dim-lit bedroom. The moonlight seeping through the dark blue curtains.

The blonde feels her cheeks heating up from the slight intimacy of the Italian touch; thanking the darkness for hiding the embarrassment currently on display on her face. Out of nowhere, she finds the courage to ask the brunette to stay with a whispered breath, low and steady.

Without even responding the brunette climbs over Danielle very carefully, making sure she leaves enough room to avoid the girls casted, broken arm. Sinking underneath the duvet next to the blonde. A wave of comforting warmth exchanging between them. Danielle would never normally allow herself to be this vulnerable, but she knew going through another nightmare alone would be equally as traumatising as the night of the car crash. That, or the pain medication had given her a surge of confidence. All she knew is that she didn't want to be alone.

Stefania faces Danielle, grazing a finger across her cast, all the way up to her face, pushing a strand of hair out of the blondes eyes. Then dragging her finger across her jawline, until it's back to her own side of the bed. "Goodnight, Bella,"

The blonde lays awake for a few more moments, studying the sleeping girls face next to her. Gorgeous brown hair elegantly draping over her shoulders and onto the pillow. Her breathing steady and silent. Finally she closes her eyes, picturing the girl laying next to her. The Italian Goddess.

Waking up in the arms of the brunette, a destination she wishes she could stay in forever. Her unaware arm slumped over her waist, it was bizarre to the blonde, that this girl she had met a few nights ago, was now her closest friend. The connection they shared in a short space of time was immense, it's like they were destined to meet, she had never felt this way about anyone before. Danielle couldn't even begin to describe her feelings for Stefania, she was just hoping that the brunette feels the same way she does.

"Buongiorno, Bella," Stefania whispers, letting the words fall out of her lips. Throwing the blonde off-guard, interrupting her deep thoughts. Caught red-handed staring into her deep, hazel eyes. Stefania felt goosebumps form on her arms, removing the arm that was limp over her waist, returning it to the side of her own body.

"I wish we could sleep here a little longer..." Danielle replies with a soft and shaky breathe, their noses only centimetres apart, their toes touching underneath the blankets. Blushing cheeks forming on the blonde as Stefania never breaks the eye contact between them. Was she intentionally making it more intimate?

Stefania raises her hand hiding under the duvet, softly placing it on the blondes leg. Caressing the skin of the blonde. "And... how is your arm?" Dragging her fingertips to the top of her hip, resting it there over the fabric of her shorts.

"I uh- yeah, much better, actually," Danielle stutters, squirming under the hold of Stefania. "You- you didn't have to stay the night, I will, need to uh- uh,"

"Danielle, use your words," Stefania enjoying the obvious struggle of the blonde, taking note that she must feel the same way. The brunette removes her hand, opting to place them both over the blankets, smirking at her own actions.

Danielle clears her throat, rolling onto her back, "I will need to take my medication, is what I was going to say..." Struggling to sit up due to her arm slightly throbbing in pain.

Stefania offers a hand to Danielle, wrapping her arm around the blondes waist, helping her out of the double bed. Her black shorts are paired with a grey oversized t-shirt. It looked good on her. The blonde felt a bolt of lightening when she grabbed onto the brunette, waves of adrenalin and butterflies mixed into one. They were just friends. Just friends, she repeated in her head, reminding herself.

Wondering on through to the kitchen and living room space: the apartment was open plan, very modern, great for throwing parties and social gatherings. Anything to distract herself from the small moments shared in bed. The brunette has probably definitely had a fair share of crazy nights here. Lots of alcohol involved, party games and dancing.

Another girl stands by the kettle, swaying her hips to the sound of the music quietly playing in the background, waiting for it to click, so she can make teas all round.

"Barrett, this is Danielle-" Stefania introduces the two girls, while reaching for two bowls in the wooden cupboards. Shaking the cereal box equally into both. You can't go wrong with coco pops and milk, especially when the milk turns into a chocolatey milkshake.

"Hi, nice to meet you-" Danielle smiles, popping pills from her medication box. "Thank you as well, for allowing me to stay here while I recover from the accident,"

"Absolutely! It'll be so much fun," Barratt joyfully smiles, bouncing across the kitchen, "would you like a cup of tea?" Aiming for two more china mugs in the cabinet. Danielle nods in response, gasping for a warm beverage to settle her butterfly-filled stomach.

"So, how long have you two been friends?" Danielle asks curiously, sipping on the delicious tea, taking a spoonful of her cereal, one after the other.

"We met each other on one of our very first productions, believe it or not, but Barratt was incredibly shy and the acting coach paired us together to participate in a theatrical game, as I was super confident and she... well, she was not... the rest is history," Stefania blows air out of her mouth, bumping hips with Barratt in the kitchen. "You should come along... to one of our shows... as you have an interest in acting too?"

"Wow, that would be amazing-" Danielle finishes her last spoonful of cereal, shoving the last few coco pops in her mouth. "I would love too,"

-

I can't wait for the new season tonight, although I am from the UK so will probably have to watch it the day after. Unless I can find a live stream, depending if I can stay up that late. I have to be up early in the morning! Anyway... I hope you liked this chapter :)