Epilogue - Part One

Love me tender, love me sweet
Never let me go
You have made my life complete
And I love you so

Eight years had passed since burning those letters under that starry night sky. Leaving all their bittersweet memories among the stars. Drifting in an endless infinity. One where their love could stay and last forever without tarnishing their monumental love-story. The hardest goodbye.

That familiar feeling when stepping back into the country where it all began. Wind sweeping her brunette locks behind her shoulders and in front of her face. Orange and brown leaves pathing the pavement of the venue entryway. A beautiful manor house in the picturesque countryside. Stefania missed this country. The scars of her memories unfolding to become wounds again. Stinging slightly as she reminisces one of her greatest love stories of all time.

Today was not about her though. Barrett, her former roommate and her long-term bestfriend was to be married today to her handsome fiancée who she had known since the theatre. Truthfully, when the brunette first met him, she thought it would just be a one-night stand or a fling at most between the two of them. Shock was an understatement when she opened that letter to reveal a wedding invitation. Even though they had barely seen each other in recent years, they still made an effort to contact one another on birthdays and special holidays.

Chimes were to be heard outside of the manor house; insisting all the guests to make their way inside and find their seats along the carefully decorated chairs. Potentially around a hundred or so people were in attendance, making it hard to see through the crowds of people climbing up the stairs and into the ceremony. Planting herself down into an end chair next to aisle.

Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will

Soft melodies and beautiful chimes began to erupt the room. Everyone rising to their feet as they wait in anticipation to see the gorgeous bride. In a matter of moments, the entirety of the room held their breathe; a wave of smiles shining through the venue. Barrett linking arms with her father in a traditional white gown that drew the spotlight to herself. Taking a steady breathe as she takes her first steps down the aisle, offering sweet and small smiles to the guests until her eyes finally landed on her partner.

Everyone in the room could feel it: the magical bond between these two human beings. The way his gaze slowly met hers as the tears in his eyes started to present themselves. The adoring look in his face as he took her hands into his own. Letting his eyes drift up and down to savour every charming moment of a memory that would be sure to last.

The minister silencing the mutters across the room with a clear of his throat. Commencing the wonderful ceremony and the start of a beautiful marriage. Silent sniffles played against the quiet piano music; with teardrops falling to the marble flooring as a hushed pin drop. Beautiful words exchanged along with the golden rings and a seal of a passionate kiss. Committing to each other in this very moment as their hearts beat as one.

Bride and groom to now husband and wife. Stefania could feel the tears trickling down her cheeks; eager to express her happiness for the married couple. Wiping them away as they stroll out of the venue with their hands firmly together and smiles as wide as the universe. Showering them with rose petals upon exit. A beautiful moment.

Love me tender, love me long
Take me to your heart
For it's there that I belong
And we'll never part

More people attended the reception afterwards. Greeting some of her fellow acting colleagues that performed in the same production in the city. She couldn't help but wonder if she would spot those blue and familiar eyes in the crowd. Considering the possibility that even if her old roommate did invite the now celebrity - would she even have time to come?