Chapter Eighteen

It was nearing on 10pm when they entered the cocktail bar: happy hour. Perfect for discounted drinks. The girls from the theatre group had agreed to meet initially and then gather up with the boys later on outside the club doors.

Stefania was wearing a sequin dress which accentuated her beautiful figure while Danielle had opted for a black floral playsuit. The bright blonde hair contrasted gorgeously to the shade of her outfit. Highlighting her crimson red shade of lipstick and the pink eyeshadow which matches the palette of the little white and pink flowers on the garment. It was one of her favourite outfits.

The place was buzzing with people. Cheering and talking could be heard all the way down from the room. Some people were out of their seats and dancing around the chairs. Hands in the air without any care. Bartenders behind the bar mixing an array of cocktails with their shakers in hands. Ice cubes clinking around in glass drinks while people sang to the music in the background. Groups of women dotted around into one corner of the venue: waving them to come over to their table. Allowing space for them to sit down onto the booth and gathering a few extra spare chairs to make more room.

Barrett had arrived a few minutes earlier than the girlfriends; due to the amount of time they were taking to get ready. She didn't want to wait up much longer. With a drink in her hand and a grin on her face, she greets the two women with a quick hug before resuming her conversation with the dark-haired girl next to her.

"Danielle, come sit over here..." One of the women she hadn't met before scoots over while locking eyes with the ocean blues. Patting the space next to her in the crowded leather booth seat. How did she know her name? "It's nice to finally meet you properly."

The red-head extends her arms out, offering an overly-friendly side hug to the blonde. Squeezing tighter than necessary. Their thighs just about touching together as the space fills up on the seat. Danielle was sure she had seen this girl before. It only took her a few seconds before connecting the dots together. It was the same red-head that had attended the blondes very first house party with Stefania. Flashes of her hands reaching for her girlfriends knee fall to the front of her brain. Replaying the scene over and over again making sure she knew it was the same person.

"My name is Sarah..." She coughs, interrupting the circling thoughts that were clearly visible on her pale face as the final piece of the puzzle falls into place. "So... how long have you been interested in acting?" Sarah continues to sip her mai-tai with her pinky finger touching the air.

"Oh— well..." The blonde starts, trailing off while keeping a close eye on her girlfriend. Making sure she had a way to escape the conversation if she needed to. The Italian seemed to be talking to another group of girls, drinking a purple coloured cocktail on the opposite side of the table. Admiring her contagious smile as Danielle converses with the red-head. "So yeah... really I have put my whole life into acting. How about you?" Danielle only asks to be polite, unbothered by her life story.

"I see." Sarah smacks her lips together, scanning the blonde up and down with a dishevelled smile. What was this girls problem? "I have been at the top of my classes since day one. Pure talent. Falling into every lead role..."

"But..." Danielle stutters, concerned. "Isn't Stefania playing the lead female role this time?" Confusion hitting the tone of her voice. Finishing off the last ounce of liquid in the cocktail glass. Danielle was desperate to talk to someone else...

"Hmph— we'll see about that." Sarah stands up from her seat, almost knocking the table forward with her abrupt actions. Pushing past the blonde to join up with another group of women perched at the bar. Danielle was at least glad she was now gone. But if left her with a weird taste in her mouth.